Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign TE Blake Bell

Javier

Reaction score
This guy may be end up the starter

In KC took advantage of every chance he had behind a great TE and he is a better blocker than Jarwin

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In KC took advantage of every chance he had behind a great TE and he is a better blocker than Jarwin
Doubtful. He has averaged 85 yards receiving per SEASON. I agree that blocking is important, but not to the almost total exclusion of receiving. Maybe he is a better receiver than his almost non-existent numbers indicate, but as things sit today that's way too much of an unknown to suggest he might become the starter.

joseephuss

Reaction score

I don't think he took advantage of every chance he had. He was targeted 15 times and caught 8 of those. That is catch percentage of 53.3%. He averaged 8.4 yards per reception totaling 67 yards and 4.5 yards per target. No touchdowns. Not just in KC, but for his entire 6 year career. Dallas will be his 5th team in 5 years. I just can't see a player who will be 29 when the season starts suddenly becoming something he hasn't been so far while in the NFL.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Doubtful. He has averaged 85 yards receiving per SEASON. I agree that blocking is important, but not to the almost total exclusion of receiving. Maybe he is a better receiver than his almost non-existent numbers indicate, but as things sit today that's way too much of an unknown to suggest he might become the starter.

But he's a former quarterback, so we can use him on gadget plays to throw TD passes because you know how imaginative we've been with playcalling over the years. Oh. Wait. Lol.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Good blocker and good ST guy. Solid signing

Solid is probably a good word for it. And blocking and special teams are always needed. I just don't expect anything else from him. Even if he is used on a couple of special teams trick plays in the season, that is nothing. The season is made up of hundreds of plays, a couple of trick plays won't make much of a difference. A bunch of good blocks can have an impact. I don't think he has made the team yet, but as you said, he might be solid.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Played against him my senior year. 6’5 220 QB. Load to bring down.
I think alot of people on here are also Longhorns fans, and have blocked out the bad memories from the 2012 Red River game, associated with the Belldozer smashing through their defense for 4 rushing TDs. In. The. First. Half.

Last edited: