Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign TE Blake Bell

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Probably makes the roster as an emergency 3rd qb aside from 3rd TE.
I think if they let him have some reps at QB he will take Rush's job...but he could honestly be our best TE as of right now. I would've picked him over Jarwin because he is the Belldozer. Now if they sign Landry Jones I will run out and buy jerseys...because the names Landry and Jones are so Cowboys it has to happen...

johneric8

Reaction score
Why would anyone expect this of Bell? He has been in the league for 5 years now and hasn't shown any of this. He was not an accurate QB while in college and has not attempted a pass in the NFL. He was not a good runner in college. He averaged 3.5 yards per rush at OU and has yet to have a rushing attempt in the NFL. He is a camp body.

Okay, maybe i didn't phrase this right. He is an accurate passer compared to a non QB. The guy at one point was known as a gunslinger, so yes, he can run trick plays with better accuracy than most. This is something that he likes doing, I've read many articles about this. Have you thought for a second that he may be well suited for some of the thing Fassell wants to do with trick plays on special teams? Put two and two together man.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don't know much about him, but he sounds like just a blocker:

Former KC Chief. We can really use his 67 yards receiving next year.

He’s third string. Depth and a special teams player. Needed to pick one up somewhere

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Okay, maybe i didn't phrase this right. He is an accurate passer compared to a non QB. The guy at one point was known as a gunslinger, so yes, he can run trick plays with better accuracy than most. This is something that he likes doing, I've read many articles about this. Have you thought for a second that he may be well suited for some of the thing Fassell wants to do with trick plays on special teams? Put two and two together man.
I think what you're saying is on point and awesome.
Kudos. I never would have connected those dots without your direction.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Pretty good blocker from what I just saw. Can replace some of Wittens production there specifically on the counter pulling stuff that JW use to do and to be honest he looks better blocking than the JW of the last 3 seasons. Can catch and is a former QB so he has some knowledge of how routes should look from a QBs perspective. Also hear he is really good on STs so we may have a winner.

quickccc

Reaction score
They should have signed Parham from the XFL...surprised they let him get out of Dallas. Pretty sure we are gonna rue this.

they probably liked Bell's work and game experience at the NFL level.
Plus that also includes special team work as well.

Probably a reason lot of these filler types are gonna be signed on or resigned.
(ala March Lillard)

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Why would anyone expect this of Bell? He has been in the league for 5 years now and hasn't shown any of this. He was not an accurate QB while in college and has not attempted a pass in the NFL. He was not a good runner in college. He averaged 3.5 yards per rush at OU and has yet to have a rushing attempt in the NFL. He is a camp body.

Only way he is a camp body is if the Cowboys bring in 2-3 more tight ends.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only way he is a camp body is if the Cowboys bring in 2-3 more tight ends.
He has a chance to make the team as a 3rd TE/special teams player, but I think if he does Schultz will be gone. They will have to have another receiver besides Jarwin in the TE mix.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know much about him, but he sounds like just a blocker:

Former KC Chief. We can really use his 67 yards receiving next year.

That is EXACTLY what we desperately need. If you plan to run the ball, you need blocking TE's. And Jarwin cant block.

This was an under the radar signing that will come in handy on short yardage and key running plays. I am hoping they sign ONE more blocking TE.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Blake Bell is a solid backup.
Trouble is he's been backup to one of the best
TEs in the NFL.

He's more than a camp body by a longshot.
Much better blocker than Jarwin.