Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign TY Hilton

Carson

Reaction score
Dennis Houston gone or are practice squad guys not locked into numbers? That would mean 80 is available as well.
I’m sure it’s the old “Hey Dennis, here’s your new #.”

They did this to me in high school as a freshman. I was picking up my jersey which was #88 and then was handed #42. Coach said the kicker gained weight and needs a bigger jersey lol

Last edited:

817Gill

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s the old “Hey Dennis, here’s your new #.”

They did this to me in high school as a freshman. I was picking up my jersey which was #88 and then was handed #42. Coach said the kicker gained weight and needs a bigger jersey lol
Lol dang 88 woulda been sweet. I know it’s by size in HS but unless you were a LB or RB that 42 sticks out I bet.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He seems to have changed this year. More humorous...Only 1 in 10 posts about the DLine sucking instead of mentioning it in all posts...

Probably from the egg on his face for insisting Dorance was a JAG, and all the other whiffs on the defensive line.

I notice lots of condescending critique, yet no specific solutions. Easier than having a backbone, I suppose. :grin:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I guess he hasn't really been all that magnificent or they'd maybe elevate him, since he's Dak's pal and all.

He is young UDFA. Miles Austin did nothing his rookie year as a UDFA it took Austin 3 years before he showed any impact yet when he did he showed the talent the team had saw in him and allowed him to develop

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He is young UDFA. Miles Austin did nothing his rookie year as a UDFA it took Austin 3 years before he showed any impact yet when he did he showed the talent the team had saw in him and allowed him to develop

Yeah, I know. I just remember all the hype about his effort and all that in the preseason. I actually thought Fehoko was a little bit better prospect. I really wanted some of our receivers to step up during the offseason because we had so many question marks with potential.

Very thankful Noah stepped up, and established himself as a threat. And only improving, it looks like. Just wish a guy like Fehoko or Houston or Tolbert would have been able to make a significant impact as well.

Lookin forward to T.Y. Hilton.. I was mentioning him way earlier in the season.. and a few thought it was a bad idea. I guess we'll see now.

I'm not losing hope in James Waashington either. It's easy to write him off. But it was his first NFL game of the year. So, of course, he's a little rusty. To be expected

Rayman70

Reaction score
That picture was taken before TY realized Jerry was naked from the waist down.
tenor.gif
TY was thinkin this right after he realized what he signed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
"I got a lot of calls," said Hilton on Wednesday, as he retakes the field with a shot at passing the 10,000-yard receiving mark in 2022. "I told my agent if I get the right call, right team, right situation — I'm interested. I feel like this is the right situation for me."

It's the only team Hilton visited with and worked out for, which says quite a bit about his level of interest in joining an offense that's leading the league in points per game since the return of two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Dak Prescott from injury. This tidbit played a big role in Hilton shrugging off other suitors, as did the 10-3 record accompanied by a dominant defense.

"[The record played a] big role," he said. "You want to go to a situation you feel is good, feel like you can win. I feel like they got all the pieces and just plug me in to help them try to get over the hump."

It's an offensive unit that isn't short of firepower when you consider the electric running back tandem of Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard, the ascension of CeeDee Lamb as a true WR1, the fact Michael Gallup is beginning to find his stride post-injury and the four-headed hydra in the tight end room.

Hilton to ‘Make Plays’ for Cowboys, Inviting to OBJ (dallascowboys.com)

quickccc

Reaction score
Did we have to release a player to sign Hilton on ?

LB Malik Jefferson was released for DT Anthony Bush.