Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Carrington

waving monkey

Reaction score
He was a 4-star recruit coming out of southern California (San Diego area). I think he was a UCLA and a USC commit at times throughout his recruitment. He ended up at Oregon and did the graduate transfer move to Utah.He had some off-field stuff as well. His dad played in the NFL.

I think the Cowboys met with him in during the pre-draft process as well.
good info

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Here’s what Dane Brugler had to say in his draft guide

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Utah, Carrington arrived in Salt Lake City a month before the 2017 season and became the Utes’ No. 1 receiving option as a senior, lining up both inside and outside. He couldn’t get out of his own way at Oregon with numerous off-field incidents, which led to suspensions and benchings. On the field, Carrington is a fleet-of-foot athlete with the speed and hand-eye coordination to make plays at all levels of the field. With marginal play strength, he isn’t a tackle-breaker after the catch and his lack of toughness at the catch point is a strong concern. Overall, Carrington has NFL talent and will stick on a roster if he keeps his nose clean, but his immature past and passive tendencies are bright red flags.
GRADE: 6th-7th Round

Not too glowing of an assessment.
All the talent in the world wont mature you, make you make good choices. Sounds like an emotional
loser.
And we gave Dez up for this?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm Liking that one part in his resume where he's breaking the arms of mouthy fans:thumbup:

* it would be PRETTY COOL if JERRY made JASON give him the #19 jersey,,,:)

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Not too glowing of an assessment.
All the talent in the world wont mature you, make you make good choices. Sounds like an emotional
loser.
And we gave Dez up for this?
Time to stop living in the past. Dez aint coming back.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s what Dane Brugler had to say in his draft guide

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Utah, Carrington arrived in Salt Lake City a month before the 2017 season and became the Utes’ No. 1 receiving option as a senior, lining up both inside and outside. He couldn't get out of his own way at Oregon with numerous off-field incidents, which led to suspensions and benchings. On the field, Carrington is a fleet-of-foot athlete with the speed and hand-eye coordination to make plays at all levels of the field. With marginal play strength, he isn’t a tackle-breaker after the catch and his lack of toughness at the catch point is a strong concern. Overall, Carrington has NFL talent and will stick on a roster if he keeps his nose clean, but his immature past and passive tendencies are bright red flags.
GRADE: 6th-7th Round

RKG :rolleyes:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We didn’t give up Dez for Carrington. This nonsense belongs in the drama zone.

Don't be a complete lunkhead. It was an offhand comparison. One immature average receiver leaves and we get another so-so receiver with emotional issues.
But alas, the mods, not you, belt buckle, decide what goes in the drama zone. Thank goodness.

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah one cost 12+ million the other NFL minimum but I can see where you made that comparison....end sarcasm

Undefeated

Reaction score
May have not got drafted because of the 4.8 forty. If he plays faster than his 40 the kid has a chance. If not he is just a camp body.
"Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports WR Darren Carrington should "get a pass" on his poor 40-yard dash time. Pauline explains that Carrington (6'2/199) is suffering from a significant foot injury, the same one which kept him from playing in the Senior Bowl and performing at the NFL scouting combine."
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/134059/darren-carrington