Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Carrington

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Watched him a lot at Oregon. I believe he got a DUI and was booted off team before going to Utah.

aria

Reaction score
This is what happens during the pre season, players get cut, others get signed, its not just a Jerry thing, EVERY NFL team does it!
Lol, ok. Jerry is and has been notorious for doing this during the regular season, off season, and pre season for over 20 years. Have you been living under a rock or just not understand what I meant?

Do Hardy, Tank Johnson, Pacman, Jaylon, Gregory, Irving, Lett, Haley, almost Johnny Manziel, and Dez ring a bell? I’m sure there’s a few I’m forgetting. Josh Brent for one.

Last edited:

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Lol, ok. Jerry is and has been notorious for doing this during the regular season, off season, and pre season for over 20 years. Have you been living under a rock or just not understand what I meant?

Do Hardy, Tank Johnson, Pacman, Jaylon, Gregory, Irving, Lett, Haley, almost Johnny Manziel, and Dez ring a bell? I’m sure there’s a few I’m forgetting. Josh Brent for one.
And this guy is who? He is a spot filler plain and simple, you act like he was a big name player at some point, camp body, wont be a 2nd thought when he is cut!

Blake

Reaction score

None of the guys you just mentioned remotely resemble the nature of this signing. You're talking about polarizing personalities that were either full time starters or had "potential" and are somehow drawing a ridiculous correlation that a camp body signing has anything to do with them. Weird.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Is adding another wide receiver this team's biggest need right now?
:huh:
What this team needs... is more cowbell!!!

giphy.gif

aria

Reaction score
None of the guys you just mentioned remotely resemble the nature of this signing. You're talking about polarizing personalities that were either full time starters or had "potential" and are somehow drawing a ridiculous correlation that a camp body signing has anything to do with them. Weird.
I’m talking about players that would have been drafted higher, potentially drafted, or no other teams wanted due to injuries and/or character issues. That applies to every player I mentioned and Carrington. I didn’t say the talent level was equal or similar so there is a resemblance to this player. You’re also assuming he has no potential and is just a camp body but you could argue half the WR’s most people think we’ll keep are nothing but camp bodies on most teams as well.

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Maybe a little better than camp body. Looks like someone that would have been drafted if not for off field issues. We will see.
May have not got drafted because of the 4.8 forty. If he plays faster than his 40 the kid has a chance. If not he is just a camp body.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I like this signing. No risk, if he impresses ps him and see if he can keep his nose clean.

Guy has NFL talent and apparently not a bad person just a bit of a fool.

sulu1701

Reaction score
Here’s what Dane Brugler had to say in his draft guide

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Utah, Carrington arrived in Salt Lake City a month before the 2017 season and became the Utes’ No. 1 receiving option as a senior, lining up both inside and outside. He couldn’t get out of his own way at Oregon with numerous off-field incidents, which led to suspensions and benchings. On the field, Carrington is a fleet-of-foot athlete with the speed and hand-eye coordination to make plays at all levels of the field. With marginal play strength, he isn’t a tackle-breaker after the catch and his lack of toughness at the catch point is a strong concern. Overall, Carrington has NFL talent and will stick on a roster if he keeps his nose clean, but his immature past and passive tendencies are bright red flags.
GRADE: 6th-7th Round
In other words, he's Uncle Jed's kinda guy, another reclamation project

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anyone got the internet points for saying “RKG” yet?

If not, somebody PM me with them please.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Was not aware of the 40 time. He better play a lot faster than that. Possession WR?
High lights make him look like a speed guy. Has great hands and tracks the ball exceptionally well. I'm just starting my research honestly.

glimmerman

Reaction score
High lights make him look like a speed guy. Has great hands and tracks the ball exceptionally well. I'm just starting my research honestly.
Nice research. If he is 4.8 then he better be a route master. There are D-Lineman that could keep up. Lol