Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Mekale Mckay and DT Antwaun

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I remember Macey Brooks was 6'5 215 lb. He ends up just being a one camp star .
Let's hope this Mckay guy is much better player.

McKay is big kid.....
MCK070449.png

Mekale McKay # WR

Chicago Bears | Official Team Site

Height: 6-5 Weight: 210 Age: 24

Born: 8/4/1993

College: Cincinnati

Experience: 1st season

High School: Moore HS [KY]

GenoT

Reaction score
Tune in for another exciting episode of the ongoing series, As The Roster Bottom Churns...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It is always intriguing to me how on earth people can get enthralled by an UDFA signing when they have not even seen them play a snap of NFL football.

A 4 minute Youtube video encapsulating a 4 year career can make a star out of just about anybody.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Woods played a true NT in USC's 3-4 (really a 2-5 hybrid that Clancy Pendergast runs). He was a highly-recruited 4-star player out of Taft, a well-known in the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area. Taft has produced a ton of athletes and celebrities like Jeff Fisher, Robin Yount, Steve Smith (Giants), Malcolm Smith, Michael Thomas (Saints WR), rapper Ice Cube, and actors Wilmer Valderrama, Lisa Kudrow, and Justine Bateman. I grew up nearby.

He was a 3-year starter at USC, playing alongside guys like Jurrell Casey (Titans), Leonard Williams (Jets), and my former player Claude Pelon (Jets). Woods is a 1Tech in our scheme at 6-1 and 320 lbs. Any player signed at this point in the year is a long shot to make the 53 but I think he offers more at the position than a Brian Price or Richard Ash does. He has more quickness than those guys.

cern

Reaction score
I put my trust in gm in training will mcclay.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It is always intriguing to me how on earth people can get enthralled by an UDFA signing when they have not even seen them play a snap of NFL football.
I can understand people liking some UDFA and having high hopes for him. However, thinking that the team messed up by cutting a guy because the fan knows he’s going to be good is lunacy.

As if a fan can know an UDFA’s worth better than the team that scouted and coached him in practice.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I didn't.

Dates: 03/15/18
Height:
Weight: 300
40 Yrd Dash: 5.15
20 Yrd Dash: 3.07
10 Yrd Dash: 1.84
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 24 1/2
Broad Jump: 07'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.88
3-Cone Drill: 7.86

yuck
Never said he was a workout warrior. I had high hopes as in he could show something in preseason and be our 1 tech. Clearly we lose nothing by cutting him as we have some guys that were ahead of him

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Small pop DQO got waived. this is an outrage, i just made his bust. I got jerseys coming in. I swear, this team does not KNOW talent.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sorry if repost.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?rw=1

Cowboys signed RB Darius Jackson, LB Eric Pinkins, WR Mekale McKay, and DT Antwaun Woods.

DT DeQuinton Osborne and OG Jashon Robertson were waived to clear room. Jackson was a 2016 sixth-round pick by Dallas and had a decent preseason as a rookie but ended up getting cut and landing with the Browns.

May 30 - 10:33 AM
Both of these guys will win the OTA Championship and raise the trophy before the regular season begins.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I can understand people liking some UDFA and having high hopes for him. However, thinking that the team messed up by cutting a guy because the fan knows he’s going to be good is lunacy.

Pfffftt. I definitely know more about that guy who I never heard of that I've never met with the name I can't really pronounce who is playing a sport I've never been paid to coach.

DO I HAVE TO DRAW YOU A MAP????

links18

Reaction score
We signed Mekale? Don't leave him Home Alone, I guess. :grin:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Never said he was a workout warrior. I had high hopes as in he could show something in preseason and be our 1 tech. Clearly we lose nothing by cutting him as we have some guys that were ahead of him

Those metrics show poor explosion and quickness.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember reading a tweet from a GM last year regarding his club off/on signing so-called street free agents ( like the two mention in the thread). His answer was interesting........as he put, often clubs bring in these types of free agents knowing very well their chances of making the squad is slim to none but you bring them for future reference/tapes, just never know.