Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign WR Ventell Bryant to 53

glimmerman

Reaction score
According to Broaddus, staff is supposedly that impressed with Bryant, and his game. And for them to bringing him up immediately from practice squad to 53 roster, could that a means to preventing
another NFL team from pouching him off the PS ?

I thought at first, maybe the team may stay pat with four safeties (instead of five safeties) with Xavier, Heath,Thompson and Donovan
- and the Cowboys keep an excessive number of seven WRs ? ( coop, gally, cobbs, austin, devin, Wilson and Bryant) ....
Austin will be gone soon. He will get injured.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
JJ should have resigned Dez, now that would have been interesting!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weird move. That gives us what 7 receivers? Wilson must be sweating bullets right now. They won't cut Austin, he is someone's pet.
Really?

Does this mean Garrett and Moore don't have confidence in Cedrick Wilson even though Wilson played well during preseason?
I haven't Bryant's game tape so I wonder what his field fast playing speed is like, and if he has special teams punt return ability - if he can return punts, that could spell
another cut/practice squad placement situation for Cedrick Wilson -if the team decides not to carry seven WRs

Per Todd Archer - Bryant has value as a gunner on special teams which was Kevon frazier's role.

The Cowboys carried 7 WRs on the 53 man roster for 7 games last season.

They had 6 of them active for games during that time frame.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Looks like this staff lacks confidence in both Devin Smith and Cedrick Wilson as well.

Neither seems to be getting any opportunities to participate in live action experience.

Here's hoping Michael Gallup might be able to return to the active lineup pretty soon.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This or they know Austin won’t stay healthy. Or is he hurt again. Did he play Sunday night.
Austin will be gone soon. He will get injured.

Tavon Austin played in the Saints game.

He had the 2nd most snaps played by non-starters on offense.

Tavon Austin has not been overly injury prone in his career.

He has played in about 86% of regular season games in his career.

Few veteran WRs are over 90% for their career. Mike Irvin, Dez, Randle Cobb all in the mid eighty percent range.

Injury prone is a guy like Lance Dunbar in the sixty percent range or Sean Lee at 64%.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if any truth to this, but a read people on Twitter saying he’s solid on ST and has been blocking FG kicks in practice
Really?

Does this mean Garrett and Moore don't have confidence in Cedrick Wilson even though Wilson played well during preseason?
Do we think this is bad news for Gallup's prospects of playing this week?
Let’s you know we are looking for help at WR. Missing Gallup and the only thing that’s going to help is getting Gallup back.
Looks like this staff lacks confidence in both Devin Smith and Cedrick Wilson as well.

Neither seems to be getting any opportunities to participate in live action experience.

Here's hoping Michael Gallup might be able to return to the active lineup pretty soon.

The WR Bryant is replacing the Safety Frazier on the roster.

Frazier played extensive snaps on specials teams.

As SeanLee50 pointed out, WR Bryant has been good in practice on special teams.

They carried 7 WRs for 7 games last season with Lance Lenoir on for special teams purposes.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
So what’s the latest on Josh Jones? Is he going to be signed to practice squad now? I haven’t seen or heard anything official yet.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it bad luck. Gallup shouldn't play for at least 4 weeks anyway. Yes, the injury is minor but the recovery needs 4 to 6 weeks.
f2bb27f2301aa7efec00a10d7af0ef3c309bbeb28454b0a22a541b5521abca92.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not a fast guy,hope he can get separation against a good GB secondary.

I'll be surprised if he is on the game day roster, much less if he sees action 4 days after being signed.