Practice Squad Cowboys signed RB Ito Smith to the practice squad

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys know they need to improve their running game. This signing tells me bad things about Zeke.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Certainly might mean they decided its best to sideline him for another week or two instead of giving in to his desire to play through his injury. I give him credit for wanting to be out there, but it's not doing us a lot of good if he's basically playing on one leg.

that wont help a knee that has structural damage. i.e. torn meniscus.

I doubt its a torn ligament. He would be out for the season and looking at surgery.

imho, most of the problems in the ground game start with KMoore and Philbin.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that wont help a knee that has structural damage. i.e. torn meniscus.

I doubt its a torn ligament. He would be out for the season and looking at surgery.

imho, most of the problems in the ground game start with KMoore and Philbin.

Our one run play. Clog the middle with our o-linemen. Run that over and over then cry our run game don't work or zeke fat.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Our one run play. Clog the middle with our o-linemen. Run that over and over then cry our run game don't work or zeke fat.

yup.

I think defenses have that pistol formation handoff into the A gap figured out by now.

cowboyec

Reaction score
this was the kid we wanted to draft outta s miss.
good player in college.
versatile.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Smith would dust Pollard in a 40 and is a legit RB not a converted WR.
Regardless, Pollard has proven his worth thus far. He is a great 2 on the 1-2 punch tandem we have for a backfield. Our #1 is hurting. Good to bring in some insurance just in case.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Cowboys know they need to improve their running game. This signing tells me bad things about Zeke.

Really do not think this move mean anything. I think much like most players signed to a PS, they saw a guy with talent and choose to fill one of the PS spots. Ito played under Quinn in Atlanta. Besides Elliott they have Pollard and Corey Clement and had Hardy on PS before brining in Ito.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Really do not think this move mean anything. I think much like most players signed to a PS, they saw a guy with talent and choose to fill one of the PS spots. Ito played under Quinn in Atlanta. Besides Elliott they have Pollard and Corey Clement and had Hardy on PS before brining in Ito.
I hope you are right. I want so badly for Zeke to be good to go for this team going forward.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope you are right. I want so badly for Zeke to be good to go for this team going forward.

I do as well, I know a bone bruise can be quite painful and thus far he is doing what he can to play through it. My hope is the rest he is getting during these days off will help.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Clement will see action Sunday as I predicted earlier. Its the right call guys. This guy can play well. He helps us. Signing Smith was just 2 get another body in here at that position. He wont see action. Clement is very good sneaking out of the backfield in the passing game. He's dangerous and adds the element of surprise, at least for 1 week. I like the moves.

Creeper

Reaction score
If you are playing your 3rd RB you are already in trouble. If you are playing a guy you just signed to the practice squad you are dead.