Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Anthony Barr

75boyz

Reaction score
I remember some Von Miller comparisons when Barr was being talked up pre draft.
Barr never hit that level, but he was a solid LB in this league and is a very seasoned Vet Prescence that comes with a successful stat sheet for those that love those stat lines.
Bottom line is if anything Barr improves our bottom depth, but I see no reason why adding Barr for his price to some crazy chemistry taking place right now with a young savy cocky Parsons
driving home the narrative that this defense is going to bring some major heat, love having a vet like Barr just being in the locker room with a young elite talent like Parsons.
I want parsons to be a perennial Cowboy for entire tenure, retire a Cowboy, and having a steady eddie like Barr, if only for that sole purpose of mentorship is worth every penny.

But, but I thought Hot Boy Tank was already being the perfect mentor and example for Micah to follow?

Just kidding and trust me man, sarcasm on.

Good post.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I reviewed Barr in a few game after his name came up as a possible Cowboys signing.

He looked like a solid NFL LB to me in 2021.

Obviously not a guy that you want in man coverage vs the uber athletic type TEs, but that's true for many starting LBs.

He has well above average size for an off-ball LB.

Even in 2021 he looked like he could play a weak-side DE position and not be a liability.

I wonder if he would have had an even better career as a 3-4 OLB.
Agree, and dont believe Q wants Barr here to chase TEs, but chipping and playing a strong edge vs run I believe what is most valued.
In no way do I believe that Barrs addition threatens LVEs role, size is needed in the back seven.
Short yardage and goal line situations are unavoidable, and having some heavy LBs on the roster is vital.
This LB group looks pretty tight for the moment, the healthier they get the better this entire defense becomes.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
But, but I thought Hot Boy Tank was already being the perfect mentor and example for Micah to follow?

Just kidding and trust me man, sarcasm on.

Good post.
I wanted to love Tank, but when have we ever even sniffed a report of Tank being the "mentor" type.
Wish he would have been more of that type of Dware type personality, but it never manifested.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Based on this signing of a player we showed interest in: Takk McKinley at DE? Sam Tevi at OT? T.Y. Hilton at WR?
i think you are pretty close to right on who they will sign just before the regular season begins

CCBoy

Reaction score
Agree, and dont believe Q wants Barr here to chase TEs, but chipping and playing a strong edge vs run I believe what is most valued.
In no way do I believe that Barrs addition threatens LVEs role, size is needed in the back seven.
Short yardage and goal line situations are unavoidable, and having some heavy LBs on the roster is vital.
This LB group looks pretty tight for the moment, the healthier they get the better this entire defense becomes.

This linebacker group needed Barr quite a bit. Thank you Jerry...keep Stephen awake now.