Cowboys signing Rashaan Evans to the 53-man roster

CCBoy

Reaction score
This isn't a big surprise. I hope the Cowboys can get his role figured out and he can step in and make a few big plays soon.
He won't have a problem figuring out what a linebacker is supposed to be doing. Uh, he's a linebacker. He has a knowledge of contact inbred and has some strength as a respectable contributer. He has a knowledge now of players about him, and already has the instincts for fitting in. He is not too old age wise, to be able to pick things up again, and just starting to fit in at Dallas. You thinking he will just be walking around not helping out? Money here and now, will NOT be an issue!

Let's go Cowboys! I like a real player added!! :starspin:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He won't have a problem figuring out what a linebacker is supposed to be doing. Uh, he's a linebacker. He has a knowledge of contact inbred and has some strength as a respectable contributer. He has a knowledge now of players about him, and already has the instincts for fitting in. He is not too old age wise, to be able to pick things up again, and just starting to fit in at Dallas. You thinking he will just be walking around not helping out? Money here and now, will NOT be an issue!

Let's go Cowboys! I like a real player added!! :starspin:
LOL

Motorola

Reaction score
who got released to make room for Evans?
I would imagine somebody like Eric Scott or Fehoko suffered a “phantom injury” yesterday
Didn't the league before last season make the change that allows a practice squad player to be elevated to the active squad without cutting someone -- two opportunities-- so it can go from 53 active to 55 active?

Carson

Reaction score
Didn't the league before last season make the change that allows a practice squad player to be elevated to the active squad without cutting someone -- two opportunities-- so it can go from 53 active to 55 active?
You get 3 games. Evans and Jefferson have used their 3 games.

They need to release a player from the 53 for him to play Sunday

Praxit

Reaction score
...I thought players had no choice, when on PS? But yeah, nice to show of loyalty.

Creeper

Reaction score
who got released to make room for Evans?
I haven't been able to find any report of the Cowboys releasing someone. Maybe we will hear something today. I suspect someone is going to injured reserve. They will also have to make room for Hendershot when he is activated. I suspect the will be McKeon.