Cowboys signing Rashaan Evans to the 53-man roster

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Evans is a free agent after the season. Hopefully, the Cowboys will be able to sign him after the year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then I have ask; Why is he just now being added to the roster?
Part of the reason is that we didn't have to. We seem to like to add players like him to the PS and bring them up until we no longer can. Then add someone else to the PS we can bring up instead.

The other part is Clark and Bell are both better with coverage responsibilities. Evans is bouncing around because he's a limited linebacker. He can run and hit but if teams get him matched up in coverage, it's an easy win for them.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's not like this guy really sucked, and they'll probably ease him into a role, like everyone else. We have our staples on defense, especially with the emergence of DaRon Bland being a top-notch corner in the entire league. He's up there with Gallup for me as one of my favorite players just in general, and how much I like him being a Cowboys. Love how he's just laid back, and turns into a beast on the field. Anyway, hope to see him make a name for himself in Dallas.

kskboys

Reaction score
Part of the reason is that we didn't have to. We seem to like to add players like him to the PS and bring them up until we no longer can. Then add someone else to the PS we can bring up instead.

The other part is Clark and Bell are both better with coverage responsibilities. Evans is bouncing around because he's a limited linebacker. He can run and hit but if teams get him matched up in coverage, it's an easy win for them.
Man, is he really that bad in coverage?

gimmesix

Reaction score
Man, is he really that bad in coverage?
I haven't read anything that specifically says what his struggles was, but if you Google him, pretty much every write-up says he struggled with it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dallas has taken to playing everyone on the active game day roster. We should see him on the field soon and not just special teams.

Just in general, I like how Dallas is churning its depth a little and also trying to keep them involved.
Me too.
I'm a big fan of giving everyone who dresses at least a few snaps. Knowing that you're playing likely makes you much more productive in practice.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Someone else needs to get, uh, "hurt" in practice soon when the Cowboys get Peyton Hendershot back. Best bets are Sean McKeon, Eric Scott, or Noah Igbinoghene.
I think McKeon will just get cut and put back on the practice squad. We've done that enough with him that I don't think anyone would claim him. He may even have some callups left because I'm not sure we were calling him up before we moved him to the 53 after Hendershot got hurt.