Cowboys signing Rashaan Evans to the 53-man roster

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't a big surprise. I hope the Cowboys can get his role figured out and he can step in and make a few big plays soon.
He has played early and often in the last game.

Giants Game (defensive snaps)
Evans 63%
M. Bell 39%
Clark 53%

Eagles Game (defensive snaps)
Evans 0%
M. Bell 94%
Clark 92%

He has been good other than a penalty on ST and a missed tackle when he and a teammate collided with each other instead of with the ball carrier.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering we lost our two starters, released another, we are actually in good shape at the position, mainly due to Bell emerging. Add more weight this offseason to his frame and he is locked in as 1 of our starters.
Most snaps of the 3 last week.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't the league before last season make the change that allows a practice squad player to be elevated to the active squad without cutting someone -- two opportunities-- so it can go from 53 active to 55 active?
He has been active for 3 games...

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Evans 63%
M. Bell 39%
Clark 53%

Eagles Game (defensive snaps)
Evans 0%
M. Bell 94%
Clark 92%

He has been good other than a penalty on ST and a missed tackle when he and a teammate collided with each other instead of with the ball carrier.
Ok, I was thinking while reading through this thread "I swear I saw him playing last week". I know it was "just the Giants", but he seemed to look good in his first major Cowboys action.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Considering we lost our two starters, released another, we are actually in good shape at the position, mainly due to Bell emerging. Add more weight this offseason to his frame and he is locked in as 1 of our starters.
Perfectly said.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m sure this was covered when he was first signed, but I admittedly didn’t pay much attention.

For personal reasons, that draft was one I paid little attention to, so I didn’t even realize he was a first rounder.

Top recruit, Alabama stud when they were on top….what happened when he got to Tennessee?

I would have thought he had a high floor.

High tackle total in Atlanta last year.

Who IS this guy and can he be more than a depth piece?

Mr_437

Reaction score

Evans 63%
M. Bell 39%
Clark 53%
I like the way the snap distribution is shaping out.
Evan is the base formation (run downs) MLB. Clark plays in base and nickel, while, Bell is a nickel LB. This is a good plan for each guys skill set.

Motorola

Reaction score
I asked on a different thread who nailed that move...it was @Carson , ok cool.
With the revamped stipulations regarding the practice squad, active vs. inactive decisions, and roster numbers throughout a season --- o
I think the NFL, In collaboration with the networks broadcasting their games -- should create and develop a televised program that specifically covers all changes that alter how teams operate during the upcoming season.
Air that show daily every Thursday through Sunday during training camp thru preseason games.

conner01

Reaction score
Then I have ask; Why is he just now being added to the roster?
He’s been active for games. There was no reason to put him on 53 since you could call him up. His call ups have ran out so they had to sign. They just used the system as it’s designed

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He won't have a problem figuring out what a linebacker is supposed to be doing. Uh, he's a linebacker. He has a knowledge of contact inbred and has some strength as a respectable contributer. He has a knowledge now of players about him, and already has the instincts for fitting in. He is not too old age wise, to be able to pick things up again, and just starting to fit in at Dallas. You thinking he will just be walking around not helping out? Money here and now, will NOT be an issue!

Let's go Cowboys! I like a real player added!! :starspin:
It’s a shame CCBoy needs to say this.