Cowboys smarter than NYG

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants signed Kenny Golladay to a 4.year 72M contract in 2021. He ended up getting paid 36M for 2 years.

His receptions per season with the Lions prior to signing with NYG:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't know if I would go that far. Zeke got $37.1 million from the new contract that he only played two years on.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if I would go that far. Zeke got $37.1 million from the new contract that he only played two years on.
The new contract for Zeke was before the 2019 season. Of his 3 years he was 2x All Pro and had made 2x Pro Bowls.

Golladay had 1 Pro Bowl in 4 seasons and when signed was coming off a season that he only played 5 games.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The new contract for Zeke was before the 2019 season. Of his 3 years he was 2x All Pro and had made 2x Pro Bowls.

Golladay had 1 Pro Bowl in 4 seasons and when signed was coming off a season that he only played 5 games.
It still didn't kick in until 2021, it was a bone headed decision to cave on the zeke holdout.

kumizi

Reaction score

His extension didn’t kick in until 2021. He was paid over $35 million over two seasons to be a below average running back.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
It still didn't kick in until 2021, it was a bone headed decision to cave on the zeke holdout.
In retrospect it was. At the time I thought it was as well. To try to shine this a bit, at the time it seemed like a no brainer to pay Zeke. Running backs looked like they were becoming popular again and paying Zeke early would have been a bargain if the market kept going up. Unfortunately, the market on running backs bottomed out and Dallas got caught holding the bag.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yea ...... the giants suck ....... they have only won 2 super bowls since we have

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder how many posts in the Giants fan zone are listing the many examples of where the Giants are smarter than the Cowboys. Probably not a hard list to come up with.

That being said, that is one deal they did that is stupid.

75boyz

Reaction score
They had absolutely sucked since 2012 til last year. Had that fluke 2016 one and done playoff year since 2012. Bottom feeders since.

BUT what they have is a trophy from 2007 and another one from 2011. So their drought on waiting for championships has been no where near as bad as Dallas.

I just hope that their new GM/HC pairing of Schoen and Daboll are not as good as what I think they may be.

I believe this to be a potentially excellent duo.

jmo

Adreme

Reaction score
And both teams have capped out at the division round in that timeframe. There is a saying about people who live in glass houses. Something like they should look at their record RB deal of Zeke.