Cowboys squash drama with team meeting...

satam55

Reaction score
According to Nick Eatman of Dallascowboys.com, the team had a meeting in which they decided to come together and ignore the BS in the media. TO, Keith Davis, Bradie James, and Marcus Spears spoke at this meeting as well as Wade.

Players Take The Floor In Team Meeting

[FONT=verdana,geneva]While Wade Phillips admitted that addressed the team on Friday concerning this media-saga during the team meeting, he wasn’t alone in having the floor. [/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]At least four players also stood up and spoke to the team about trying to band together during this situation, which includes reports that Terrell Owens and Tony Romo are not on the same page and that Owens is jealous of the passes that tight end Jason Witten has been receiving. [/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]Owens was among the four players who spoke to the team, as did Bradie James, Marcus Spears and Keith Davis. [/FONT]-Nick Eatman

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah Nick mentioned this on the Talking Cowboys show, he said TO told the team not to read or listen to anything that ESPN is reporting, and that Werder was trying to get back at him for ignoring his questions.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2484848 said:
Yeah Nick mentioned this on the Talking Cowboys show, he said TO told the team not to read or listen to anything that ESPN is reporting, and that Werder was trying to get back at him for ignoring his questions.

Was he holding a big knive behind his back as he spoke?

J/k

Boysboy

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2484848 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they all started laughing how 90% of football fans, our fan base AND Zoners got sucked into this cockamamie BS.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Boysboy;2484870 said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they all started laughing how 90% of football fans, our fan base AND Zoners got sucked into this cockamamie BS.

I've been saying that for two days. We have a BUNCH of people with "SUCKER" tagged all over their foreheads.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dbair1967;2484892 said:
I've been saying that for two days. We have a BUNCH of people with "SUCKER" tagged all over their foreheads.

ESPN chronies

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Personally, I wish every Cowboy player would "Next Question" Werder like Owens has been.

Heck, do it to every ESPN'er.

Dcz84

Reaction score
Great news, now lest get in that fox hole and go to war for 7 more games,To Quote the Great Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto'

God help us for i fear today we have awoken a sleeping giant.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
I wish Romo would speak to hte team. What this team REALLY needs is for the QB to just take the reigns of this thing and drive it home. Unfortunately, the leader in Romo has not yet matured. After all, the defense gives the offense opportunities, RBs can control the clock, the receivers are open. Where is the QB and his control of the locker room, and specificaly the passing game, in all of this? And please don't thro me up a bunch of Romo's numbers. He has the numbers. So what! Many players have numbers. I want the vocal demonstrations of leadership. And regardless what I want, the team NEEDS Romo's vocal demonstrations of leadership. It's that's simple, and unfortunately it's missing, STILL!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2484848 said:

Will T.O. take his own advice with respect to one-on-one interviews with Deion Sanders? :confused:

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
We will squash all of this drama for good this Sunday night. I still believe!

34-17 Cowboys

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The bottom line is this folks:

If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, this will all be relegated to the "nothing" level.

If the Cowboys fall short of the playoffs or fall short in the playoffs, this will continue to be the subject of stories on every football show and in football magazines.

Wishing it away will not make it go away. Not talking to Werder or the press will not make it disappear.

Only winning the Super Bowl will.

I hope that was stressed in this meeting.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
dbair1967;2484892 said:
Such as yourself, for believing anything TO says.

Givincer

Reaction score
Looks like they really squashed it alright... :rolleyes:

If that PFT report is true anyway.

landryscorner

Reaction score
If anything this just makes the cowboys prove the naysayers even more, seems to me like it's only ESPN that's running with this story 100 MPH, they are looking STUPID and radio shows and other websites are catching on.....serves them right.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484948 said:
The bottom line is this folks:

If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, this will all be relegated to the "nothing" level.

If the Cowboys fall short of the playoffs or fall short in the playoffs, this will continue to be the subject of stories on every football show and in football magazines.

Wishing it away will not make it go away. Not talking to Werder or the press will not make it disappear.

Only winning the Super Bowl will.

I hope that was stressed in this meeting.

Winning the Super Bowl won't make it go away. It sure as hell didn't after Super Bowl XXX.

My hate for BSPN was created from the double standard the 49ers and Cowboys received from ESPN during the early 90s.

noletime95

Reaction score
If this report is true, I'm disapointed Romo didn't speak.

Not sure what to believe, however, I"ve yet to read anything about Tony being a team leader. Good QB? Yes. Nice guy? You betcha.

Maybe he'll grow into a leader in time.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I've been interested to see how Spears has grown into a leader this year.

He's a guy that, despite his somewhat disappointing performace (at least given his draft status), we need to keep.