Cowboys-Steelers have a great history

Rayman70

Reaction score
For me the catch game marked a point in Cowboy history where a slow decline started. I remember the Cowboys getting to the NFCCG against Washington and losing. Not sure but I think the Cowboys lost in the NFCCG 3 years in a row. It's always tough when your favorite team gets so close that many times but it's still exciting to be in contention regularly.
no one thinks about this. We were much better during those years than we get credit for, and all because we never could get over the chip game hump with Danny. In fact, Danny carried some of those teams. YES the defense had star power still but they were declining. Prime Danny White was about 80-85. THEN the drop off was fairly big, then we trotted out Hogeboom in 84-86. Pelluer during the same time. It was hard to watch. You remember that Monday Night game where Hogeboom started the game and absolutely torched/carved the Rams in LA? I was giddy! I thought we had found our new QB. Then he never really did alot of note afterwards. Only thing Steve Pelluer ever did was bet the skins at Texas Stadium a couple times. He seemed to have their number at times. Thats when we all knew Landry was done..the Pelluer years. One thing I always loved about Tom was he always was looking to replace Danny Whtie every draft lol...He drafted guys like Glen Carano and Pelluer, Hogeboom. I guess my point is, Tom was always trying to get better, no matter what the results were. I wish we had the same mentality these days. I have a firm belief as do many current NFL teams, that you are always trying to find that net QB or gem to mold . McCarthy did this in GB, Parcels/Payton did it in Dallas, Parcels did it in NY(Simms and Hostetler), Bill Belichick in New England. He had Bledsoe but he still took a flier on Brady. Bill Walsh and Seifert in San Fran with Young, Montana...and they still kept looking for QB's!! Even while winning. Thats why I have no issue in taking a dart throw for Lance the way we did. The good clubs do this. Sorry, I know this was a thread on the steelers etc...sorry. I went down memory lane. lol