Cowboys still interested in Chris Simms

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
calico;2165909 said:
I would give up a 5th for him and would rather do than thansee him hit the open market.

That's driving a hard bargain for a quarterback who is known to lack the mental element for the position. But who knows, at least we could "develop" him....

How goes it, Calico?

montgod

Reaction score
I don't know. If we trade for him, don't the Boys also have to accept his contract? Last I remember, he resigned for an amount I wouldn't want to pay for a backup w/serious health concerns.

skicat1898

Reaction score
Risk vs reward situation. If he can pass a physical he is certainly worth a 5th. Develope him, and if he shows to be good enouhg to be a starter, trade him for a higher pick in a year or two.

Simms was playing decent before the injury and had a decent season the year before. Remember, while he has been in the NFL going on 5 seasons, his rookie year he only started 5 games, 11 his 2nd year and 3 prior to getting hurt his 3rd year..... He needs a fresh start and a chance to prove himself.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I won't shed a tear with or without him. I really hope that we don't touch a third or forth for him, though.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
after reading about bartel and bj in practice all week, we better be interested in simms.