Cowboys still need blazing fast WR/KR

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Anyone else agree? The cowboys still need a blazing fast (4.3/4.2+) type receiver that can also return kicks. I think that type of speed threat can go a long way to help this team. Someone who can really take the top off the defense and is a real threat on special teams (KR/PR). Somebody Dak can dump a quick short route to and they break off a 60 yard gain. Can Tolbert become that guy? Thoughts???

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Anyone else agree? The cowboys still need a blazing fast (4.3/4.2+) type receiver that can also return kicks. I think that type of speed threat can go a long way to help this team. Someone who can really take the top off the defense and is a real threat on special teams (KR/PR). Somebody Dak can dump a quick short route to and they break off a 60 yard gain. Can Tolbert become that guy? Thoughts???
Agreed, did you have anyone in mind?
That would be available ?

quickccc

Reaction score

We already have a blazing Kick returner in Tony Pollard as he's emerged as one of the most dangerous kick off returners in the NFL

... what we need an dangerously effective Punt returner ....:cool:

Praxit

Reaction score
..not really, just someone who has instinct or knack for getting yardage. Speed helps, though anyone with 4.5 or 4.6 would do fine.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They only matter if they are actually good players. We had Tavon Austin, and he sucked. The opportunities to get actual impact speed WR's arent that frequent.

Besides, taking the top off of the defense is something we have been able to do without speed WR's. Threatening teams vertically hasnt been an issue for us

rambo2

Reaction score
I wanted them to draft Marcus Jones who is the best return man in football. I was upset when the Patriots snagged him.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
We already have a blazing Kick returner in Tony Pollard as he's emerged as one of the most dangerous kick off returners in the NFL

Agreed....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Don't need 4.2 fast, but we need a genuine threat to run by CBs or we'll be facing a crowded LOS forever.

Tolbert just barely squeezes under 4.5. He ain't it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In today's NFL all kickoff returners need to know how to do is watch kickoffs sail over their heads into the endzone. What are the numbers with kickoff going for touchbacks every year?

I'm not wasting capital getting a kick returner. Put a RB back there and call it a day. Positive yardage, and won't fumble.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
You mean like Devin Smith or Tavon Austin?

Let me guess

You also think we need:

1. A big fat guy in the middle of the d-line
2. A nasty offensive lineman that reminds you of Erik Williams
3. A get in your face tough guy head coach

You already mentioned a guy to ‘take the top off the defense’ so I won’t mention that.

what other generic fan type needs am I missing?

Let me make another guess. A white linebacker reminds you of Bobby Carpenter. Got it.

Last edited:

ondaedg

Reaction score
The Bengals have Ja’marr. The Chiefs had Tyreek. The Rams have Van Jefferson (21mph timed). Anyone see a pattern?

Yes I agree we need that WR who puts some fear into safeties so they can’t sit on passes in front of them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He seems to have been better at making decisions as to bring it out for a return, than he had when he first started. But still has that brain fart at times.
But all players have those. Just him more than others as for returns.
Maybe that is better this year. It was his biggest pet peeve for me about him. But he can have exciting returns. Just need to be more often.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me guess

You also think we need:

1. A big fat guy in the middle of the d-line
2. A nasty offensive lineman that reminds you of Erik Williams
3. A get in your face tough guy head coach

You already mentioned a guy to ‘take the top off the defense’ so I won’t mention that.

what other generic fan type needs am I missing?

Let me make another guess. A white linebacker reminds you of Bobby Carpenter. Got it.
Ball hawking FS.