Cowboys Stock up/Down

windjc

Reaction score
Homers were calling me a degrading hateful person for being worried about Jaylon considering he's looked off this season.. :facepalm:

I'll never understand a certain type of people on this site..

Jaylon led the team in tackles last week and had a forced fumble. I mean he is not playing as well as he did at the end of last regular season, but he is doing fine.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Jaylon led the team in tackles last week and had a forced fumble. I mean he is not playing as well as he did at the end of last regular season, but he is doing fine.
You understand that number of tackles aren't the end all be all stat right? You understand that he had many games where he led the team in tackles back in 2017 when he still had the brace on, right?

Middle linebackers will mostly always hit their quotas in tackles, its a given. There's a reason why he's ranked the 60th best LB by PFF right now. He looks hurt. His lateral movement is off, hes favoring his good leg, and hes overextended angles. He literally slipped on the fumble play.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott was pretty mediocre against the Dolphins. He stunk up the joint in that first half. Playing against an absolutely dreadful opponent.

Don't know how you walk away from that feeling good.

Because he was all-pro the second half? I know you hate the guy and I wasn't a fan until he started playing better. Fact is that he's been pretty dam good since Amari Cooper arrived.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Homers were calling me a degrading hateful person for being worried about Jaylon considering he's looked off this season.. :facepalm:

I'll never understand a certain type of people on this site..

People driven by emotion and incapable of objectivity routinely project their emotions on others. When you point out an issue with Jaylon, they hate the way they feel, hate you for making them feel that way, and project that hatred onto you.

Jaylon was top of my list for guys I *wanted* an extension for in the offseason. But come the season, my eyes still saw a guy who just didn't look right in his running gait multiple times.

Jaylon is one of the true feel good stories of the Cowboys. That there are Cowboy fans with a dog in the hunt to tear down Jaylon strikes me as absurd. There may be some emotionally incontinent loon like that around here, but I have thankfully not noticed him. Maybe I have him blocked!

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
People driven by emotion and incapable of objectivity routinely project their emotions on others. When you point out an issue with Jaylon, they hate the way they feel, hate you for making them feel that way, and project that hatred onto you.

Jaylon was top of my list for guys I *wanted* an extension for in the offseason. But come the season, my eyes still saw a guy who just didn't look right in his running gait multiple times.

Jaylon is one of the true feel good stories of the Cowboys. That there are Cowboy fans with a dog in the hunt to tear down Jaylon strikes me as absurd. There may be some emotionally incontinent loon like that around here, but I have thankfully not noticed him. Maybe I have him blocked!
Jaylon is an inspiration. I've never said one negative thing about the guy. From the moment we drafted him till when he finally broke out last season, I've always supported the dude. People just like to take things the wrong way.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Based on PFF grades

Stock up

1. La'El Collins - #1 ranked tackle through 3 weeks . ( Potential finally being fullfilled)
2. Dak - #2 ranked QB (big money coming)
3. Tyron Smith - #3 ranked tackle (back to his old form)
4. Zach - #5 ranked G . (kinda low for him)
5. Gallup - #4 ranked wr . ( might need an extension.......soon)

Stock Down

1. Jaylon Smith - 62nd ranked LB . ( Something's up)
2. Travis Frederick - 15th ranked center . (not back yet)
3. Connor Williams - 46th ranked G ( Weak spot on OL)
4. DLAW- 15th ranked edge rusher ( Much given, much expected)
5. Chido - 56th ranked CB . (lowest ranking among cowboys cbs)
Jaylon has the 2nd most tackles in the NFL.
Another example of why PFF is terrible at its job.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Prescott was pretty mediocre against the Dolphins. He stunk up the joint in that first half. Playing against an absolutely dreadful opponent.

Don't know how you walk away from that feeling good.

Is there anything better than having seen literally everything Risen wrote in the offseason be wrong?

It's gotten to a comically bad level

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Jaylon has the 2nd most tackles in the NFL.
Another example of why PFF is terrible at its job.
You understand that number of tackles aren't the end all be all stat right? You understand that he had many games where he led the team in tackles back in 2017 when he still had the brace on, right?

Middle linebackers will mostly always hit their quotas in tackles, its a given. There's a reason why he's ranked the 60th best LB by PFF right now. He looks hurt. His lateralmovement is off, hes favoring his good leg, and hes overextending angles.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Again, you rest a lot of guys in preseason, though Garrett played them more than most coaches. You aren’t expected to be hitting on all cylinders in September. This is the time of year to just win, to build, to get better.

Sept - just win, avoid serious injuries, incorporate new pieces and acclimate to new coaches/systems

Oct - win, get over early season aches and pains, find your groove and fix things that are problematic

Nov - grind...win pretty and win ugly, get injured players healthy. Fight through every obstacle, physical and mental, overcome adversities...win games you must win

Dec - all of the above....prove who you are. Finish strong, position for playoffs, get on or continue a roll, peak at the right time mentally and physically