Cowboys Stock up/Down

blueblood70

Reaction score
Based on PFF grades

Stock up

1. La'El Collins - #1 ranked tackle through 3 weeks . ( Potential finally being fullfilled)
2. Dak - #2 ranked QB (big money coming)
3. Tyron Smith - #3 ranked tackle (back to his old form)
4. Zach - #5 ranked G . (kinda low for him)
5. Gallup - #4 ranked wr . ( might need an extension.......soon)

Stock Down

1. Jaylon Smith - 62nd ranked LB . ( Something's up)
2. Travis Frederick - 15th ranked center . (not back yet)
3. Connor Williams - 46th ranked G ( Weak spot on OL)
4. DLAW- 15th ranked edge rusher ( Much given, much expected)
5. Chido - 56th ranked CB . (lowest ranking among cowboys cbs)
stock Even up paying stead dividends=EE ZEKE.. lest we forgot hes started out wheel for guy who had no TC or PS games..:))

BTW that list will fluctuate like real stocks and the list can be flipped din 3 weeks..

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's simple. You just look at the final score.

31-6.
its ironic how that works, Dak did escape and made amends for the first half but his stats from week 1-2-3 have fallen back down to earth with harder games coming.. the Wentz comps are out of control, saying he sux but his stats are actually very good for the situation hes in(his numbers last week mirrored Dak lol), he cant help he has no blocking and 7 drop , 2 in critical situations that would have made them 3-0 vs 1-2

so I can see both points..its all in the perception..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Prescott was pretty mediocre against the Dolphins. He stunk up the joint in that first half. Playing against an absolutely dreadful opponent.

Don't know how you walk away from that feeling good.

Pats only put up 13 1st half vs Miami, in the end it turned into a rout just as the Cowboys routed Miami

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They ranked Zeke 30th in RBs last year. Haven’t taken them serious since

They wrote a whole article on it actually. It boils down to a lot of rbs could do what Zeke does behind our OL, they think. And Remember, they aren't just grading the 40 yard td run. They grade every play. They say there are a lot of really good rbs in the league playing behind far inferior OLs and just not getting headlines or huge gaping holes to run through.

IMO, their grading system is obviously flawed when evaluating rbs. But, they insist Zeke is the beneficiary of our top tier OL.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...el-elliott-pff-2018-grade-football-outsiders/

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
As long as we remain undefeated ...... Everyone's stock is up to me

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pats only put up 13 1st half vs Miami, in the end it turned into a rout just as the Cowboys routed Miami

Did Tom Brady throw for a 50% completion percentage and turn the ball over in the first half? You do that against a real team and you're in trouble.

31-6 sounds nice until you realize they lost 59-10 and 43-0 in their other two games. They are one of the worst teams in the modern era.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Did Tom Brady throw for a 50% completion percentage and turn the ball over in the first half? You do that against a real team and you're in trouble.

31-6 sounds nice until you realize they lost 59-10 and 43-0 in their other two games. They are one of the worst teams in the modern era.

As Dak said he got greedy and was looking big plays down field instead of taking the open man and it cost him an int. He also came back and played lights out in the 2nd half. Brady and the Pats put up 13 points, Dallas 10 fact is the blowout did not happen until the 2nd half of the game. Some here choose to nitpick everything but a game is 4 qrts not 1, not a half but 4 qrt and the end results in based on those 4 qrts. 31-6 not only sounds nice it is nice and the fact is Dallas has scored 31 point or more in the 1st 3 games. Lets not act as if Brady has not had less than great 1st half and this piss poor Dolphins team beat him and the pats last year. You and others can down play this team all you want.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As Dak said he got greedy and was looking big plays down field instead of taking the open man and it cost him an int. He also came back and played lights out in the 2nd half. Brady and the Pats put up 13 points, Dallas 10 fact is the blowout did not happen until the 2nd half of the game. Some here choose to nitpick everything but a game is 4 qrts not 1, not a half but 4 qrt and the end results in based on those 4 qrts. 31-6 not only sounds nice it is nice and the fact is Dallas has scored 31 point or more in the 1st 3 games. Lets not act as if Brady has not had less than great 1st half and this piss poor Dolphins team beat him and the pats last year. You and others can down play this team all you want.

Seems like a lot of babble to avoid admitting he sucked in that first half against a God awful opponent.

I just don't have that gene in my DNA.. I can talk honestly. He played great against the Giants. Less so but very good against the Commanders. For half of the Dolphins game he was horrible.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of babble to avoid admitting he sucked in that first half against a God awful opponent.

I just don't have that gene in my DNA.. I can talk honestly. He played great against the Giants. Less so but very good against the Commanders. For half of the Dolphins game he was horrible.

He did not play great in the 1st half never said he did, He played a great 2nd half and has played outstanding thus far this year. Dallas was supposed to beat these teams and did so in blowout fashion something I don't recall happening very often even with Romo where this team would play like crap and sqeeze out a win late in the game. I make no excuse for Dak, he was looking for deep balls early in the Miami game despite the fact they were playing to avoid giving up the deep balls. That is on Dak

kskboys

Reaction score
They wrote a whole article on it actually. It boils down to a lot of rbs could do what Zeke does behind our OL, they think. And Remember, they aren't just grading the 40 yard td run. They grade every play. They say there are a lot of really good rbs in the league playing behind far inferior OLs and just not getting headlines or huge gaping holes to run through.

IMO, their grading system is obviously flawed when evaluating rbs. But, they insist Zeke is the beneficiary of our top tier OL.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...el-elliott-pff-2018-grade-football-outsiders/
Which might be the stupidest take I've ever heard.

If site wants credence, they'd be better served to not present their little pet cat cockamamie theories on the site. It's already been proven consistently that talent at RB matters.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
PFF is better than 90% of posters on here th

Fans on here perception of Zeke and his actual difference in games is soooooooo wide

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Based on PFF grades

Stock up

1. La'El Collins - #1 ranked tackle through 3 weeks . ( Potential finally being fullfilled)
2. Dak - #2 ranked QB (big money coming)
3. Tyron Smith - #3 ranked tackle (back to his old form)
4. Zach - #5 ranked G . (kinda low for him)
5. Gallup - #4 ranked wr . ( might need an extension.......soon)

Stock Down

1. Jaylon Smith - 62nd ranked LB . ( Something's up)
2. Travis Frederick - 15th ranked center . (not back yet)
3. Connor Williams - 46th ranked G ( Weak spot on OL)
4. DLAW- 15th ranked edge rusher ( Much given, much expected)
5. Chido - 56th ranked CB . (lowest ranking among cowboys cbs)
* Gallup is one I wanna keep! If he comes back with pretty much no drop off, he’s a priority when it comes to contract time. Dude is a homegrown Dallas Cowboy! Has gotten better each year.

* Connor will get better. This I have no doubt about. Line play is not the easiest. With that being said, I can’t wait to see what Connor McGovern brings when he returns next year.

* Jaylon will get better. He has the Dak mentality... “Do whatever it is you need to do and get better!”

* I might be all alone on this wagon, but Chido can only go up from here. I’m still a believer that he can be a dang good CB!

* D-Law? Not worried.

* Jerry and company made a genius move to pay La’El Collins. Usually money makes players complacent. This team-friendly deal has somehow fueled the kid! The season is young, but he obviously is playing healthy and with confidence. Doesn’t bode well for our opponents DE’s. Dak is loving this!

* Dak is playing very well. I seriously believe that if you put some of the top 5 QB’s in this league into what Dak HAD to go through with Linehan, that they’d have been pretty damn average. Dak did all he could do considering the circumstances (playbook and play calls), and yet he still won more than he lost by attrition.

If you can’t see that now, agenda or not, you have no clout!

Last edited:

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Can we PLEASE... stop this?

Every other thread.

Good Lord, this board is taking a nose dive............

I think the board took a huge upswing when Hostile retired. I like it lately, which is probably why I peruse through the comments rather than posting ;)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nobody is saying he had a good first half. But you don't judge a QB on a half of football. If you want to judge a QB on one game, at least look at the whole game. I think he made up for the poor first half in the second half. .......and the Dolphins have a long way to go to match Marinelli's Detroit team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which might be the stupidest take I've ever heard.

If site wants credence, they'd be better served to not present their little pet cat cockamamie theories on the site. It's already been proven consistently that talent at RB matters.

I don't like the way they grade rbs b/c rbs are not judged on a play by play basis which is how PFF grades. If Zeke goes for 3.5 YPC his first 10 carries and then busts a 65 yard TD run, PFF metrics don't weight the one carry. They look at it like he was great 1 out of 11 carries.