Twitter: Cowboys talking numbers with Peters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipper

Reaction score
I disagree. Peters at LT and Smith at guard is worlds better than Smith at LT and Mcgovern at guard. Night and day. With the Peters at LT combination we have a fighting chance with the run game and pass protection. The other way there is little hope. The run game will be almost non existent again and penalties will be through the roof.

I get what you are saying but I still think there is a great unknown at Smith at LT. The other thing that many are jot talking about is what type of shape peters is in...if he's where he was last year then he could be a stop gap, but at 40 cheeseburgers and beer can catch up.

I don't know which he is at this point but time will tell..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I get what you are saying but I still think there is a great unknown at Smith at LT. The other thing that many are jot talking about is what type of shape peters is in...if he's where he was last year then he could be a stop gap, but at 40 cheeseburgers and beer can catch up.

I don't know which he is at this point but time will tell..

Thats why I want Smith at Guard with Peters at LT. True we dont know what Peters will provide but I think its safe to say he is way better than Ball, will be better than Smith at LT. Most important thing for me is keeping Smith at guard where he can give us that push in the run game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Fish said deals can not be announced because they have to go through the league office first, and since the league offices are closed till Tuesday, no official announcement can happen until then. BUT.... he strongly hinted that it would get out if they reached an agreement, so it would leak before then.

I read the article and missed the part where he said, hinted, or anything of the like it would be leaked. "Leak" isn't even in the article.

Jipper

Reaction score
Thats why I want Smith at Guard with Peters at LT. True we dont know what Peters will provide but I think its safe to say he is way better than Ball, will be better than Smith at LT. Most important thing for me is keeping Smith at guard where he can give us that push in the run game.

I agree about Smith at guard he's frigging nasty....but he could be the same at LT....I have to wonder if ball has shown something to the coaches that we haven't seen?

And don't get me wrong I would very much like peters or another fa

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With you 1000% Captain-Crash
Hope we don't blow this with a low offer....

Early-on in negotiations, things are usually non-productive with tough talk. Quotes of that aren't necessarily factual representations of the results that are to come much later in the negotiating process. Such quotes would tend to be grossly misleading, in most cases. I have attended several big business negotiations and learned enough to know how the process normally proceeds from the early stages to the end results. Things change dramatically.

I think it's already been worked out, according to what the local scribes have reported lately. Accordingly, the team is awaiting word from the league that the deal in question is officially successful. I'm hopeful that what they're saying is correct. I'm also hopeful that these same people have the integrity to check carefully before divulging such things. Of course, there are no guarantees of that, but it does give me cause for optimism. We'll see. ;)

Last edited:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
2021 Contract

Jason Peters signed a 1 year, $1,750,000 contract with the Chicago Bears, including a $250,000 signing bonus, $1,325,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,750,000.

CONTRACT TERMS: 1 yr(s) / $1,750,000

SIGNING BONUS $250,000
AVERAGE SALARY $1,750,000
GTD AT SIGN: $1,325,000
TOTAL GTD: $1,325,000

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jason-peters-1179/

So okay
Contract terms 3 Mill a year
Signing Bonus 1 mill.
Salary 2 mill

Done this is Dallas, Not a team with no chance at the playoffs. What he could mean if this works is substantially more valuable than the Bears

Get er done

ESisback

Reaction score
So I’m curious. Was Peters released . Did he retire or are we trying to make a trade. Anyone ??

He was on a one year contract with Chicago. I’m not sure whether or not they didn’t want him or he didn’t want them. Maybe it was a little of both, but I can’t imagine why a team wouldn’t want someone of his caliber for 1.7 per year. I DID hear he wants to play for a contender, and he’s kind of soured on Philly.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
So I’m curious. Was Peters released . Did he retire or are we trying to make a trade. Anyone ??
From the eagles ? Or bears ?
If you’re seriously asking (I doubt you are as my sarcasm meter is pegging )
He only signed a one year deal with bears and it was noted he didn’t want to play for the bears and was looking for a team that’s a possible contender.
Plus like most vets do especially one of his age he is contemplating if he even wants to play anymore - and waiting this long he didn’t have to deal with the rigors of training camp etc
Plus heck he’s freaking 40

Diehardblues

Reaction score
From the eagles ? Or bears ?
If you’re seriously asking (I doubt you are as my sarcasm meter is pegging )
He only signed a one year deal with bears and it was noted he didn’t want to play for the bears and was looking for a team that’s a possible contender.
Plus like most vets do especially one of his age he is contemplating if he even wants to play anymore - and waiting this long he didn’t have to deal with the rigors of training camp etc
Plus heck he’s freaking 40
Yes, I’m seriously asking.

Wikipedia just said he was with Bears in 2021. So, he wasn’t on a roster this year.
Thanks

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

With Jason Peters being a veteran free agent, no trade will be necessary. Contract talks are said to be going well. We'll see if the league announces a mutual agreement being reached by Tuesday, with Monday being Labor Day. An announcement should be due by Tuesday, if all goes as expected. Reports of progress in the recent contract talks have been very encouraging. Nothing is "official" until the league announces it, however.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I read the article and missed the part where he said, hinted, or anything of the like it would be leaked. "Leak" isn't even in the article.

Who said anything about an article? I subscribe to fish on Youtube, and he announced it an hour ago that they signed Peters.

Status
Not open for further replies.