Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Sources from inside The Star have obtained a transcript of the negotiations:

Stephen Jones: "We are willing to offer you the veteran minimum."

Jason Peters' agent: "My client is a 9 time Pro Bowler."

Jason Peters' agent: "Your other option is starting a raw rookie guard to protect Dak's blindside."

Jason Peters' agent: "My client is coming out of retirement for this, you have to make it worth his time."

I hate it, but it’s probably true!!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I agree with signing peters and having him play left tackle, but even ifv they signed peters today, its unlikely he starts at left tack in week 1. So somebody had to play lt, and Tyler was just saying its like riding a bicycle. So the team needs to do what they need to do to fill the spot in the short term?

But again you're taking my comment out of context. The post I was responding to was proposing Tyler should be our LT1.

Well Tyler, it maybe a ride on a bicycle in the NCAA, but now try it in the NFL (and with Connor McGovern inside you).

tm1119

Reaction score
Really shouldn’t be that difficult…vet min with incentives for games started.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Seems reasonable to conclude that, by now, at least one offer and at least one counteroffer has been made... to no avail.

Seems reasonable to think that both sides are still evaluating other options in comparison to compromise.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For a starting left tackle, that could make this O line serviceable?

Sometimes when you are in a bind( we are ) you may need to over pay a little. We badly need Peters to play T and the rookie to stay at G.

They better not blow this opportunity to get much better on the O line!!
With you 1000% Captain-Crash
Hope we don't blow this with a low offer....

rambo2

Reaction score
With you 1000% Captain-Crash
Hope we don't blow this with a low offer....
They aren't going to blow it. The deal is probably done. They already created space for him on the practice squad. The league office was closed when they came to an agreement is my take. It doesn't reopen until Tuesday. We should get official word on Tuesday. The take on here will be either Jerry paid too much and got fleeced or Jerry is cheap and they never sign high dollar free agents. The truth is Peters is a good player and the Cowboys did an outstanding job in building a good roster.

ESisback

Reaction score
They aren't going to blow it. The deal is probably done. They already created space for him on the practice squad. The league office was closed when they came to an agreement is my take. It doesn't reopen until Tuesday. We should get official word on Tuesday. The take on here will be either Jerry paid too much and got fleeced or Jerry is cheap and they never sign high dollar free agents. The truth is Peters is a good player and the Cowboys did an outstanding job in building a good roster.
But…26 years!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At this point, I think it would be a mistake to sign Peters. I just don't think we'll need him. I also think I'm not the only one that thinks this way, otherwise, he'd be signed already. Look at how so many of you talk so glowingly about him as if he's our O-line Massiah. I'm thankful we have wiser decision makers than you bunch that would have already pulled the trigger. Keeping the powder dry for now is the correct course of action.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Hope you are correct rambo2
It's unfortunate we have to wait until Tuesday.
Hopefully they have an agreement in place and Josh is
Cramming the playbook as we speak.

Proof

Reaction score
Every dollar they don't spend rolls over into next years cap that can be used on their FAs and extending players.

if it’s the expected 1 yr deal, that money will be re-available next year anyway

terra

Reaction score
Don't want him... let it play out with who we have.
and that has worked out so well in the past with the LT, hasn[t it?

Smith might be really good from the start but if he is not and Dak gets knocked out, what say you then?

Jipper

Reaction score
and that has worked out so well in the past with the LT, hasn[t it?

Smith might be really good from the start but if he is not and Dak gets knocked out, what say you then?

And if dak gets knocked out with peters playing then what?

Bottom line is does peters give us more depth? Yes

Can we play the bucs with who we have and win? Yes

Peters is not the end all be all, he will help bridge the gap and improve depth, let's not over magnify the impact he will make

Status
Not open for further replies.