Cowboys throw support behind Matt Cassel, leaving Kellen Moore on bench

RS12

Reaction score
“Probably not having that backup quarterback in better shape, whether it be having Cassel for the entire preseason,” Jones said of his failure as GM. “I’ve said that, and I know y’all are tired of hearing it, but certainly not having this backup quarterback in better shape rests solely and completely starting with me and that shouldn’t have been all of it, but it certainly was enough to really diminish a lot of the hope and promise that this team had.”

Cassel, who arrived in a Sept. 22 trade with the Buffalo Bills, saw his record with the Cowboys fall to 1-5. For the third time in those six starts, Cassel failed to pass for 200 yards.

He completed 13 of 29 passes for 114 yards with no touchdowns, one interception and a 41.5 passer rating.

“It’s just part of the NFL,” Cassel said when asked if arriving during the season has anything to do with his struggles. “It’s what we do for a living. Sometimes the situation is what it is. You’ve got to embrace the opportunity. Again, I’ve been given the opportunity here, and I’m grateful for that. At the same time, you’d like to do more with the opportunity when it comes your way.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article49617295.html#storylink=cpy

Givincer

Reaction score
Vinny Testaverde at 52 would have performed better than Cassel has to this point. It's been completely embarrassing. Heck, we had a guy that was performing better than Cassel has, and we benched him for Cassel, and then cut him.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
If he is a Lineman guy...why doesn't he fight for him and just tell JG that Cassel is unable to run the offense

:cool:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
There is absolutely no good reason that Kellen Moore shouldnt start this Saturday at home against the Jets.....

Yes there is -- and its a big one.

If Moore comes in and plays well or God forbid wins us a game the fact that the entire organization failed to see his potential and waited this long is a devastating blow and an indictment of all of them.

It's come down to cover your ••• time and you won't see Moore until the last or second to last game where he won't have a chance to display a body of work that will prove anything and expose everybody.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this FO is clueless and we will continue to mired in mediocrity,how can they expect so little from a backup QB?.Its just mind boggling how far we have fallen.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
It's all well and good that JJ recognizes the mistake he made, but he'll make an even bigger mistake if he thinks Cassels with a full off season will be better. He's visibly nervous out there.... a horrible trait for a qb and leader. All the balls that slip out of his hands cause he's nervous to let it rip, second guessing and eyeing down receivers..he better not be here next year