Cowboys throw support behind Matt Cassel, leaving Kellen Moore on bench

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I don't even want to hear about arm strength and Kellen Moore.

Cassel is not putting anything on his passes that Kellen couldn't. Cassel had another one of those punts today that was just embarrassing to watch.

Or that real gem when he tries to pump fake ( I think), and the ball just falls out of his hand as he brings it down to his body.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
It's all well and good that JJ recognizes the mistake he made, but he'll make an even bigger mistake if he thinks Cassels with a full off season will be better. He's visibly nervous out there.... a horrible trait for a qb and leader. All the balls that slip out of his hands cause he's nervous to let it rip, second guessing and eyeing down receivers..he better not be here next year

He is too feminine for me and I refuse to watch another game with cassel as starter

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I will forget this season ever happened. It was a bad dream. Yeah that's it, a bad dream. Pass me another drink please.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You really believe that?

Not a matter of believing or not believing, its a matter of results.

Like Aikman said during the game, there have been many teams this year that have had lessor QB talent than Dallas and still manage to win games, so just blaming all of this on not having Romo is just irrational.

Jerry also said in the post game presser that there were bigger problems with this team than just not having a healthy Romo and an effective Dez.

Regardless of whatever belief you might hold, it is painfully obvious that this coaching staff and FO, botched player personnel horribly.

Cmac

Reaction score
Vinny Testaverde at 52 would have performed better than Cassel has to this point. It's been completely embarrassing. Heck, we had a guy that was performing better than Cassel has, and we benched him for Cassel, and then cut him.

....Bernie Kosar looks more promising right now.

Cmac

Reaction score

Cassel is not putting anything on his passes that Kellen couldn't. Cassel had another one of those punts today that was just embarrassing to watch.

Cassel looked like he was throwing in a blizzard....no excuse.....he was bad last week against Skins too. He is done. Tossing balls short of the yard markers on 3rd downs is a problem. He has been looking like a rookie and most unforgiving......unprepared.

Talk about taking money....his best friend has been Direct Deposit (can't blame him).

Its really bad when BWeeden comparisons are more favorable toward BWeeden.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Not a matter of believing or not believing, its a matter of results.

Like Aikman said during the game, there have been many teams this year that have had lessor QB talent than Dallas and still manage to win games, so just blaming all of this on not having Romo is just irrational.

Jerry also said in the post game presser that there were bigger problems with this team than just not having a healthy Romo and an effective Dez.

Regardless of whatever belief you might hold, it is painfully obvious that this coaching staff and FO, botched player personnel horribly.

I'm not sure how much blame actually needs to be put on the personnel. Watching this offense every week tells more about the offensive coaching staff as a whole. People don't want to admit it, but they looked like crap with Romo in the game. There isn't a good reason for that. The offense lost one good player in Murray and thats not enough to drop off like they did even when Romo was playing. Now people can debate how important he was, but he isn't what ails the Cowboys offense. That lands at the feet of the coaching staff. Playcalling, predictability, failing to figure out how to beat a blitz, failing to even be average on 3rd and 1 with 4 1st RD players on the OL, etc... The list is very long and even as bad as Cassel/Weeden looked, they were more effective before they came her which is pretty sad.

Cmac

Reaction score
“Probably not having that backup quarterback in better shape, whether it be having Cassel for the entire preseason,” Jones said of his failure as GM. “I’ve said that, and I know y’all are tired of hearing it, but certainly not having this backup quarterback in better shape rests solely and completely starting with me and that shouldn’t have been all of it, but it certainly was enough to really diminish a lot of the hope and promise that this team had.”

Cassel, who arrived in a Sept. 22 trade with the Buffalo Bills, saw his record with the Cowboys fall to 1-5. For the third time in those six starts, Cassel failed to pass for 200 yards.

He completed 13 of 29 passes for 114 yards with no touchdowns, one interception and a 41.5 passer rating.

“It’s just part of the NFL,” Cassel said when asked if arriving during the season has anything to do with his struggles. “It’s what we do for a living. Sometimes the situation is what it is. You’ve got to embrace the opportunity. Again, I’ve been given the opportunity here, and I’m grateful for that. At the same time, you’d like to do more with the opportunity when it comes your way.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article49617295.html#storylink=cpy

Again, I’ve been given the opportunity here, and I’m grateful for that.
Translation: Easy money baby, easy money.

rynochop

Reaction score
God I hate to admit Belicheck may be a genius to win 11 games with this guy. His delivery/release can be timed with a sun dial. His progressions are where he.ll just lock on the receiver, go into his windup and try and guide it to him like a little league pitcher behind 3-0 in the count.
I don't usually rag on backup qb.s who was borderline just given to us, but man, I can't imagine going into next year with him.
as mentioned, he is kinda weirdly feminine in his interviews, not that it matters, just glad I'm not the only one to notice it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much blame actually needs to be put on the personnel. Watching this offense every week tells more about the offensive coaching staff as a whole. People don't want to admit it, but they looked like crap with Romo in the game. There isn't a good reason for that. The offense lost one good player in Murray and thats not enough to drop off like they did even when Romo was playing. Now people can debate how important he was, but he isn't what ails the Cowboys offense. That lands at the feet of the coaching staff. Playcalling, predictability, failing to figure out how to beat a blitz, failing to even be average on 3rd and 1 with 4 1st RD players on the OL, etc... The list is very long and even as bad as Cassel/Weeden looked, they were more effective before they came her which is pretty sad.

Good points.

Dodger12

Reaction score

Lets face it....Garrett is coaching like a guy who knows his job is safe. Most coaches would have benched Cassel for his ineffective play. And I get that Moore may not have the strongest arm but Cassel has been putrid throwing the ball down field and his arm strength is suspect, as is his decision making. He's a deer in the headlights.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
God I hate to admit Belicheck may be a genius to win 11 games with this guy. His delivery/release can be timed with a sun dial. His progressions are where he.ll just lock on the receiver, go into his windup and try and guide it to him like a little league pitcher behind 3-0 in the count.
I don't usually rag on backup qb.s who was borderline just given to us, but man, I can't imagine going into next year with him.
as mentioned, he is kinda weirdly feminine in his interviews, not that it matters, just glad I'm not the only one to notice it.

He is just a horrible QB, we should have kept Weedon..........yea, I just said that.

He does act kinda feminine in his interviews, but the dude has like 4 or 5 kids so he apparently ain't shooting blanks if you know what I mean.;)