Cowboys to meet with Tyron Smith's agent today

1942willys

Reaction score
Our C doesn’t need fixing.

He needs paid $$$$

And we are broke.
Our center is the weakest spot on the line (if steele returns to form)
Between two ALL PRO GUARDS he still regressed
no way we pay him money for that

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our center is the weakest spot on the line (if steele returns to form)
Between two ALL PRO GUARDS he still regressed
no way we pay him money for that
Yes, time to make a change a C. They seem to like Hoffman, but they best draft a OC, as well bring in a FA. Let them compete.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tyron ain’t ordering from the dollar menu in 2024.

He’s gonna walk cause we are broke.

Tag for OL is north of $29 million.

We likely tag him if we had the cash.

BigD_95

Reaction score

I like the plan they have with him during the season to keep him fresh, let's see what happens

Im sure he does want to get paid again

Jerry needs to play hardball a little. Im ok keeping him at a major discount.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron ain’t ordering from the dollar menu in 2024.

He’s gonna walk cause we are broke.

Tag for OL is north of $29 million.

We likely tag him if we had the cash.
I bet he won't want to play anywhere else.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we value and love the way he did things he played well, he did well, he's in the best shape of his life, he's getting paid, they owe it to him!!
He isn't in the best shape of his life. He won't be getting big bucks. They don't 'owe' him anything. They want him back and he wants to be back. Nothing more.

starfan1

Reaction score
if you would have asked me last year this time I was ok with him retiring but he played well last year probably our best lineman. Our problems were more at Center and RT. He'll give as a decent deal i imagine

Tussinman

Reaction score
lol no he’s not. he’s going to get $6-$10 million for one year
I think he gets around 7 million base with the incentive option for up to another 7 million. Another team might offer him base rate closer to the incentive rate but at that point would it be worth it to uproot yourself to a new state.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Anyone who has a clue hope this works out. Not a huge market leading deal but stop it with the “give him a three piece and a soda and the rest in incentives”

He’s been great … as recently as this last season. He can help the team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Our C doesn’t need fixing.

He needs paid $$$$

And we are broke.
I disagree. I think we should look to get better at that position. Right now, I'm hoping it's how we use our first-round pick. I think there are three worth taking early that could improve the spot, but only one worth taking where we pick in the first round. I think if he's gone, we should trade down slightly and take one of the other two.

Here's what I think we'll do in FA (because we're cheap): We'll let Biadasz go and we'll consider Hoffman our veteran option based primarily on his one start this year. Then, we'll look to upgrade the spot at some point in the draft. Dallas' MO has been to make sure that it has someone who can start (even if it isn't someone very proven or good) so that it can pretend that the position isn't a draft need while it really is.

As far as the broke comment goes, money can be moved around as needed, but I don't think we'll see Biadasz as needed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
lol no he’s not. he’s going to get $6-$10 million for one year
I think the injury problems he has had would definitely hold his price tag down some if he hit FA.