Cowboys to meet with Tyron Smith's agent today

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As long as we don't give him too much money I am fine with this move. We should still be looking for his eventual replacement if we really intend on keeping Tyler Smith at LG.
I still believe Tyler is his eventual replacement, unless Richards proves he can handle it to allow us to keep Tyler at guard.

I think our eventual young line could be LT Richards, LG Tyler, C ?, RG Bass, RT Steele, but that's a whole lot of projecting at this point. I mean, Richards and/or Bass could wash and Steele might never recapture his top form. I think Tyler is the only known right now and it appears he can be a decent LT or a very good LG.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think the injury problems he has had would definitely hold his price tag down some if he hit FA.
all of them get hurt.

They will have to tag him to keep him on the roster.

$29-30 million.

Problem is, we are short on cash at the moment.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think he gets around 7 million base with the incentive option for up to another 7 million. Another team might offer him base rate closer to the incentive rate but at that point would it be worth it to uproot yourself to a new state.
So he takes a pay cut to stay? 8/

Not sure that is a winning strategy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
all of them get hurt.

They will have to tag him to keep him on the roster.

$29-30 million.

Problem is, we are short on cash at the moment.
Tag Tyron? I don't think that will be necessary. Cash won't be a problem, either, after they get a few contracts restructured.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes, we have to think about replacing Tyron at some point, but the Cowboys have other priorities. If they can get Tyron to sign a 1 year deal with incentives, it takes away the immediate need to find a LT when they may have to find a C.

Their priority has to be DL and LB.