RELEASED Cowboys to release Rolando McClain *merge*

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm a Scotch man myself, just like our dear GM.

Maybe Rolando could've learned a thing or two from guys like us, but hey, I guess he's a firm believer in the line from that old song "mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all".

Well, I guess there's something to be said for advancing to more effective releases from the throes of reality! :D

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Or tenacity. He’s was perfectly willing to walk away from millions and millions. I can’t see him now gutting it out for league minimum. But we’ll see.

Yeah, you never know. He might say, "OMG, I've got to get my act together or my NFL career is over forever." I would like to see him get back in top form and have a good career. I don't root for guys to fail. But there's no way of knowing for sure.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm assuming the Cowboys did due diligence to assure that no team is willing to trade a draft pick or player to obtain McClain as a desirable option to whatever their need may be. Good luck to the team brave enough to go there. Other teams have tried and failed miserably to inspire him. Can anyone?
I doubt the Cowboys did anything. What due diligence?
The man hates to practice. He walked away from football twice.
He's 31 years old and hasn't played in five years. He's not exactly the most stable person mentally it would appear.
And he hopes to join a team NOW without having gone through a training camp?
Yeah, that sounds like the resume of a man in high demand. :laugh:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
If he signs with someone do we get a comp pick? I don’t think we do as I think it goes off of playing time. Can a knowledgeable person inform me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have to wonder if things would be different had McClain announced his return before the Jaylon Smith extension.

Timing is everything. Should have waited.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Rolando will soon be able to sign with another team and apparently he can play now.
Josh Gordon had a similar conditional reinstatement. he played in the last ps game for NE.
Maybe NE will look at rolando, they gave gordon a chance, and he screwed up now they took him back.
They know if they can get them straight in the head they have a good player very cheap.

I dont know what their LB situation is but for them or any team Ro could be a good depth player.
And also I could see him being good on special teams, imagine him hitting a return guy ! Some fumbles for sure.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Also I think Ro knew the cowboys would not take him back, and that he might not get to play this year since his reinstatement came
after TC.
I think some teams weak at LB or that have injuries may look at him as the season goes along.