News: Cowboys Trade for Christine Michael per Schefter

Common Sense

Reaction score
Yep. You're bitter. You'll get over it. Go Cowboys!

Yes, I'm so terribly bitter about a low risk flier on a guy who can come in and provide additional competition for the RB committee. That makes total logical sense.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't understand why some of you guys are against this trade because of some rumors of him being a knucklehead, but have no problem with Joseph "rap sheet" Randle.

On a side note, its going to be funny as hell watching Mickey do a complete 180 on this trade. A caller just last week mentioned Michael by name as a possible trade and Mickey went off on the guy with his usual stich, "if he is so good, why is Seattle getting rid of him".

:laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Number one priority, bro, is protecting Romo. He is the season. If he goes down, all is lost. I don't know how you trust Randle in that regard right now.

The Cowboys wouldn't keep him if they didn't think he could do the job or play him where he would have to do that..

Manster68

Reaction score
I'm not shocked w this but it does show how they're not trustworthy of our running backs.

Well, I think the Cowboys were concerned on situations like 3rd and two - or being up by 10 points in the 4th quarter and the need to run the clock out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have rather got Terrence West but if they had to get a relatively young back, we shall see with this player. Just inconsistent as can be, but if he were not he would not be available. Just makes you wonder when the two time defending conference champions give up on him.

I'd kick the tires on Trent Richardson first. (And I know I'm in the vast minority on that one!)

But this guy looks like a clueless, conceited clown to me. Truly a 'me first' type who thinks he's much better than he actually is and a guy not willing to work on his deficiencies (which he doesn't realize he has).

I hope I'm wrong about him and that this move ends up working out well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I haven't ever been one to pound fist for Randle (and still am not), but some real world vs hype numbers from 2014

Christine Michael
34 carries
175 yards
5.1 ypc
1 catch
12 rec yards
0 TDs

Joseph Randle
51 carries
343 yards
6.7 ypc
4 catches
23 rec yards
3 TDs

I LIKE the pickup.
But I had to blink when I saw someone say this addition changed us from a 9 win team to a 12 win team.
He has great upside, but this is a player entering his 3rd season having never scored a real NFL touchdown.

Holy hyperbole

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'd kick the tires on Trent Richardson first. (And I know I'm in the vast minority on that one!)

But this guy looks like a clueless, conceited clown to me. Truly a 'me first' type who thinks he's much better than he actually is and a guy not willing to work on his deficiencies (which he doesn't realize he has).

Trent Richardson is so done. The Colts traded a number 1 draft pick for him and look how long it took for them to give up on him?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bummed we signed CMike and not Richardson? I'm sure once CMike and everyone else fails, Richardson will still be available....

Actually, yes. I think this guy is a clown and far from the 'right kind of guy'.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Someone clear up the fumble issue Michael has. Reviewing his stats he has 1 career lost fumble. Did he put it on the ground a lot but a Seahawk recovered the ball? Did he fumble a lot in practice? Is this a reputation that is following him from College?

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
This is a great trade. So what if Michael acts like an idiot sometimes. He is 25 years old and a professional athlete- it's very easy to make poor choices in life/how you treat people at that age.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I'd rather he replace Dunbar rather than be in addition to him. Especially if it means keeping a lb or de. Dunbar offers nothing this guy from what I heard doesn't already bring

I agree. I just don't know why they keep Dunbar unless he's the returner for punts or kicks. I might be wrong on him but what has he done other then that one run against the Raiders? We'll see I guess

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trent Richardson is so done. The Colts traded a number 1 draft pick for him and look how long it took for them to give up on him?

I would actually like to see Richardson get one chance to run in the scheme that he ran in college before completely writing him off. It might not mean much to some people, but it counts for a lot with me.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Someone clear up the fumble issue Michael has. Reviewing his stats he has 1 career lost fumble. Did he put it on the ground a lot but a Seahawk recovered the ball? Did he fumble a lot in practice? Is this a reputation that is following him from College?

Practice and preseason, mostly. Although I want to say this year he hasn't put it on the ground, so maybe he's beginning to turn a corner.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
So the guy tested better at the combine than Chris Johnson, Ladanian Tomlinson, McFadden, Peterson, Forte, LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles.

Well...Lache Seastruck did too. So a SPARQ score can tell you if you have the athletic potential to be elite, but that doesn't mean you can read blocks, catch the ball, or pass protect.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

Richardson is the most clueless running back in maybe the last decade, if not longer.