News: Cowboys Trade for Christine Michael per Schefter

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys were lying through there teeth when they said they were good with what they had.

They've been saying for months they might do this if the opportunity presented itself, so I don't see the lies at all.

Unless you think they are 100% for sure bringing him in to be the sure-fire bell cow.

I'm pretty sure they saw a chance to add young talent at a cheap price and they took it.
Let him compete and see where the chips fall.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richardson is the most clueless running back in maybe the last decade, if not longer.

Look into the zone running scheme and note what those running backs are asked to do. They're instructed to run to an area, whether it's open or not. They're told not to get creative or improvise.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I haven't ever been one to pound fist for Randle (and still am not), but some real world vs hype numbers from 2014

Christine Michael
34 carries
175 yards
5.1 ypc
1 catch
12 rec yards
0 TDs

Joseph Randle
51 carries
343 yards
6.7 ypc
4 catches
23 rec yards
3 TDs

I LIKE the pickup.
But I had to blink when I saw someone say this addition changed us from a 9 win team to a 12 win team.
He has great upside, but this is a player entering his 3rd season having never scored a real NFL touchdown.

Holy hyperbole

he was the behind Turbin(who was also the 3rd down back) and never got any goal line carries because of Lynch,i think he has potential but its upto him to move up the depth chart.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
They've been saying for months they might do this if the opportunity presented itself, so I disagree.

Unless you think they are 100% for sure bringing him in to be the sure-fire bell cow.

More Bell Cow than any other RB on the Roster. DING DING

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Bad attitude, can't pass block, fumble issues, and apparently hasn't learned anything the Seattle coaching staff has been trying to teach him for going on three seasons. He's not going to come in here and set the world on fire in a month.

Marshawn Lynch

2010 - 3 fumbles
2011 - 3 fumbles
2012 - 5 fumbles
2013 - 4 fumbles
2014 - 3 fumbles

Apparently they aren't teaching Lynch either. Lynch is an obviously good pass protector, but I'd much rather be seeing some statistics here to show that Michaels "can't pass block". As for bad attitude, examples please.

Sounds like you're mimicking whatever first article you read.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like it, too, but I do keep thinking that the guy who made Michael expendable was a college FA we were interested in, too. The fact that SEA spent a 2nd on Michael gives him the appearance of a pedigree, but really, it reinforces that talent evaluation can build a deep team in a lot of different ways.

Yeah, I don't view Michael as a starter or anything. I just think he adds more to the team than Dunbar

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys were lying through there teeth when they said they were good with what they had.

Well they also said they would always been looking to upgrade their RB corp if the right situation came along. Obviously they thought this deal was too good to pass up because of the cheap cost.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Whether or not they come out and say it, the more I think about it, this is Randle's competition. Not only for carries but also for a roster spot. My prediction is either Michael or Randle will be cut before November barring injury.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I haven't ever been one to pound fist for Randle (and still am not), but some real world vs hype numbers from 2014

Christine Michael
34 carries
175 yards
5.1 ypc
1 catch
12 rec yards
0 TDs

Joseph Randle
51 carries
343 yards
6.7 ypc
4 catches
23 rec yards
3 TDs

I LIKE the pickup.
But I had to blink when I saw someone say this addition changed us from a 9 win team to a 12 win team.
He has great upside, but this is a player entering his 3rd season having never scored a real NFL touchdown.

Holy hyperbole

: Proudly raising hand :

Watch it happen. Our RB position is no longer considered a position of weakness. It was our unequivocal achilles heel going into the season. Thanks to today's move, it is now a position that will stand on its own merits.

Bravooo Will!
Bravooooo Stephen!

Common Sense

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch

2010 - 3 fumbles
2011 - 3 fumbles
2012 - 5 fumbles
2013 - 4 fumbles
2014 - 3 fumbles

Apparently they aren't teaching Lynch either. Lynch is an obviously good pass protector, but I'd much rather be seeing some statistics here to show that Michaels "can't pass block". As for bad attitude, examples please.

Sounds like you're mimicking whatever first article you read.

Lynch's fumbles have nothing to do with Christine Michael's ability. His issues have been well documented over the past couple of years. You know how Google works.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Best opinion any of us can have is let's see what happens in the few weeks. If he is legit it will not take long for it to show up in practice reports or what we see come game time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How would you start a RB and never put him in a situation where he has to pass protect?

Lance Dunbar's on this roster. He can't pass protect either.

Real easy, play calling. But I think the coaches believe Randle can handle it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They've been saying for months they might do this if the opportunity presented itself, so I disagree.

I'm pretty sure they saw a chance to add young talent at a cheap price and they took it.
Let him compete and see where the chips fall.

They showed interest in guys like Spiller and Bush in FA before getting priced out and setting for McFadden. They scouted every starting quality HB in the draft and due to circumstances left empty handed. I give them alot of credit for restraint. In 2009 we would have reached for a Mike Davis a round early or caved and gave Spiller the contract he got from Nola. But I dont for a second believe they were good with what they had on hand. If they did I would chalk it up to arrogance and hubris, and I dont think they are guilty of either. I just dont think they are going to make themselves appear in need.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Could be!
But my point is they did what they've been doing for awhile now.
Saw a way to add young talent for cheap. Why not

Yea, I don't get why anybody would be against this trade.........its a freaking conditional 7th!!!.........that's about as close to free as it gets in this league.

Some guys are acting like we just traded a first rounder or something (see Colts and Trent Richardson)