Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for DT Johnathan Hankins

Praxit

Reaction score
...wooo weee.!! ..hearing some good stuff about this guy.

ZiggyStardust

Reaction score
No. It just shows your judgement is skewed. But go on. Spin away.

Hankins has been in the league for a decade and is a very well known player. For you to refer to him as an unknown again shows you either one don’t pay attention to any team but the cowboys (so how can you properly judge good QB play)? And two you’re only here to troll other fans.
No. It just shows your judgement is skewed. But go on. Spin away.

Hankins has been in the league for a decade and is a very well known player. For you to refer to him as an unknown again shows you either one don’t pay attention to any team but the cowboys (so how can you properly judge good QB play)? And two you’re only here to troll other fans.
I can sort of understand it in a “I’m not really sure what this guy has done lately” sense. I really liked this guy as a prospect and thought he was a very good young player. I think after so long in the league as the very promising young guy who never really makes that leap to all-pro at a non flash he’s kinda easy to forget about but I agree odd to think of him as a complete unknown.

dude is being significantly heavier then I remember him being, and that can majorly hamper a guy getting older that you expect significant snaps from. Still he’s only thirty and shouldn’t have fallen off a cliff so if he’s 90% of the guy he was on limited early down snaps it’s a tremendous pickup.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To get a look at the big man.

Lots of girth from Hankins. Not a bad move for a 30 year old. Question is how much does he have left in the tank? I read he had been relegated to a backup role this year with the Raiders.

Maybe the Cowboys could have saved their 6th round pick by moving Jason Peters to DT? :eek::D Peters definitely has the beef to help clog up the middle. ;)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
any idea what our third down rotation looks like now - Micah/DA/Dlaw/Thill?
Well, it varies… but I have noticed a 4 man line of Parsons, Lawrence, Armstrong, Fowler on third and long. Quinn also had Barr crowding the A-gap on that particular play as well.

But they’ll use numerous combinations, depending on down and distance. Obviously, Hankins will help in running situations.

kumizi

Reaction score
He’s over the hill. Another cheap Stephen acquisition. Recognizable name should pacify the fan base. Win win for both Jones.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Put him in 1st down situations where its a mix pass/run. Or obvious run situations.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So what is the deal with Gallimore, is there a link anywhere to why he is being listed as out, and was scratched vs Lions?
Just find it rather odd and non-coincidental with this signing.