News: Cowboys' trade for Michael Bennett already looks like the steal of the NFL season

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Worth noting - only 20-something snaps but was on the field for all of the turnovers. He’s a difference maker for sure. Pressure up front creates turnovers.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Any word on Gregory? The 4 of them on the field would bring the ruckus.

Don’t know how that would work. Bennett has always played DT and gets most of his pressure from the inside. Gregory, Quinn and Gregory never have as far as I know (fact check me please).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is true, but Bennett really looked good.

He is the kind of vet DL acquisition we have needed for years.

A huge upgrade over the "$10 million dollar man" to be sure. Much like Robert Quinn was as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just shows you how bad ty craw is.

It's glaring, but nobody wants to talk about it.

Even the paid shills on the Cowboys website still try to bring up the 'loss of Tyrone Crawford". It's ridiculous. That was addition by subtraction and yet still a waste of $10 million in cap space. To continue to talk about him as a "loss" of anything other than cap space is a joke.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's glaring, but nobody wants to talk about it.

Even the paid shills on the Cowboys website still try to bring up the 'loss of Tyrone Crawford". It's ridiculous. That was addition by subtraction and yet still a waste of $10 million in cap space. To continue to talk about him as a "loss" of anything other than cap space is a joke.
Charles Barkley spoke about hassan whiteside the same way i feel about ty craw. His only ability is cashing a check

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any word on Gregory? The 4 of them on the field would bring the ruckus.

There was a rare mention on Talkin' Cowboys the other day. And nothing said could be as interpreted as good news. The majority of hosts hadn't heard and didn't know anything. And team shill Mickey Spagnola's comment was "that ship has sailed", at least for this season. And I have to think that if he's not in any condition to reapply at this point? He's only getting further away from ever playing again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles Barkley spoke about hassan whiteside the same way i feel about ty craw. His only ability is cashing a check

I'm not blaming him for cashing them. I'm blaming a dumb organization for giving him the money in the first place. And on top of it and worst of all, not cutting bait when they had every reason to.

But that's probably why this is being swept under the rug and the 'spin' is still in full effect. Pissing away $10 million in cap space for nothing is an embarrassment.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm not blaming him for cashing them. I'm blaming a dumb organization for giving him the money in the first place. And on top of it and worst of all, not cutting bait when they had every reason to.

But that's probably why this is being swept under the rug and the 'spin' is still in full effect. Pissing away $10 million in cap space for nothing is an embarrassment.
I totally agree with you i was so pissed when they extended him to begin with

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally agree with you i was so pissed when they extended him to begin with

Is, was, and always will be a round peg in a square hole. A 3-4 DE who has never truly fit in their return to the 4-3. The player did his best and gave his all, it was just always a poor fit and one poor decision after another. I now look forward to the farce finally being over and no longer holding back this team. Monetarily or in play time reps.

But take note of how nobody wants to even touch the name and subject of Tyrone Crawford at this point. After years of defending him and that contract, nobody has a word to say.

Because they finally admit it inside.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Is, was, and always will be a round peg in a square hole. A 3-4 DE who has never truly fit in their return to the 4-3. The player did his best and gave his all, it was just always a poor fit and one poor decision after another. I now look forward to the farce finally being over and no longer holding back this team. Monetarily or in play time reps.

But take note of how nobody wants to even touch the name and subject of Tyrone Crawford at this point. After years of defending him and that contract, nobody has a word to say.

Because they finally admit it inside.
Even if he was in a 3-4 he wouldnt have been good tbh

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn and Bennett both looks like positive trades that little was given up for. It’s nice to get the better end of the deal for a change and not have to give up to much.

I agree. Both look like a 'steal of a deal' at this point and credit to the front office for both moves. I'd love to be able to retain either or both for 2020.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score

Thanks for the post Hardline.

I don't think it's too soon to make that statement. He brings a lot to this team.

It was a great decision by the FO to only bet a 6th round pick if he doesn't. But I think he will do great for the Cowboys. And I think he will do it on a consistent basis.