Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Some of us can’t look past a players personality off the field. The majority of this fan base has criticized him and brought up some of his actions as to why he’s trash but some forgive and forget as soon as he wears a Star on his helmet. Not me.

I see your point, but it's impossible to build a roster of 53 choir boys. Bennett has done a lot of stupid and/or bad things, but so have a lot of players I have cheered for as Cowboys, past and present. Zeke is one of them. Michael Irvin was another.

Right or wrong, the NFL is a win at all costs operation. Bennett makes the Cowboys better; and the reward far outweighs the risk. He cost a late round pick and none of his money is guaranteed past this season. Why not see what he can do?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Some of us can’t look past a players personality off the field. The majority of this fan base has criticized him and brought up some of his actions as to why he’s trash but some forgive and forget as soon as he wears a Star on his helmet. Not me.
Didn’t he play with the egirls when they won the SB and get in hot water for pushing a handicap security guard or am I thinking of a different player..

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They've traded away more All-Pros than any other team.
- Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Logan Mankins, ...

In general, I prefer the castoffs from the best team in the league over castoffs from any other team...

Anybody want the players that Miami trades away for a 7th round pick 2 years from now?
Great point! Richard Seymour, Asante Samual, and the BIG nose guard they traded to the Texans were all still excellent players when NE got rid of them.

Johnny23

Reaction score
A few players the Patriots have traded away:
LB Jamie Collins

All-Pro and Pro Bowl 2015.
Traded away in 2016 at age 26.
Returned to the Patriots as a starter in 2019.

OL Logan Mankins
All-Pro in 2013.
Traded away in 2014 at age 32.
Pro Bowl in 2015.

DE Chandler Jones
Pro Bowl in 2015
Traded away in 2016 at age 26.
All-Pro and Pro Bowl 2017
Chandler Jones was a druggie. Just like his UFC champion brother. I bet the Jones boys parties with Gronk tagging along with them had epic debacharious acts going on.

That's Bill's mo, he also traded away Lawyer Milloy and Richard Seymour.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Profootballrumors.com showed the Boys w 24m in capspace before the Bennett trade. Does anyone know how much we have now?

Praxit

Reaction score
...I still remember when Bennett was an Eagle and he sacked the **** out of Dak. Caught Dak on the bootleg left. OH.....I hated that SOB. ;).. Now, he's on my team. Lifes like a box of chocolates....aye!

aria

Reaction score
I see your point, but it's impossible to build a roster of 53 choir boys. Bennett has done a lot of stupid and/or bad things, but so have a lot of players I have cheered for as Cowboys, past and present. Zeke is one of them. Michael Irvin was another.

Right or wrong, the NFL is a win at all costs operation. Bennett makes the Cowboys better; and the reward far outweighs the risk. He cost a late round pick and none of his money is guaranteed past this season. Why not see what he can do?
I’m sure he can do fine but I can’t just ignore who he is and what he’s done, just like Zeke. It doesn’t mean I hope he doesn’t do well but I thought Jerry was staying away from these kinds of characters for once and now he strikes again. My disgust with Jerry has only grown and I hope Bennett is gone ASAP no matter how well he does. No one player makes a team, we don’t need him to win games.

aria

Reaction score
Didn’t he play with the egirls when they won the SB and get in hot water for pushing a handicap security guard or am I thinking of a different player..
That among other several other things and several people here complained when he didn’t get in trouble and talked about what a piece of trash he is but now once he wears the Star it’s all good and I’m sure some will diminish his past actions as if they were nothing, like they do with Zeke.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure he can do fine but I can’t just ignore who he is and what he’s done, just like Zeke. It doesn’t mean I hope he doesn’t do well but I thought Jerry was staying away from these kinds of characters for once and now he strikes again. My disgust with Jerry has only grown and I hope Bennett is gone ASAP no matter how well he does. No one player makes a team, we don’t need him to win games.

I would take an entire roster of criminals if it means we win a Super Bowl.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Bennett Boys are both D-bags and now we have the bigger D-bag brother. He better help on the field because I already know he will be bad for the locker room. And the first time he causes a sideline spectacle of himself before the game even starts, he should be cut.