Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

aria

Reaction score
Tell your right now, I hope this idiot does something to get suspended, Cowboy or not he’s lower than whale feces and Jerry’s old roots are showing. This franchise just went down another notch.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell your right now, I hope this idiot does something to get suspended, Cowboy or not he’s lower than whale feces and Jerry’s old roots are showing. This franchise just went down another notch.

Are you a Cowboys fan?
  • I can't root against any Cowboys player.
  • Getting too emotional about the personalities or character of NFL players won't help anything.
  • There are a large number of NFL players, coaches and owners that are arse-hats.
  • I look at them like Gladiators.
    • The Romans didn't care about the Gladiators personal backgrounds.
    • They just wanted to see them kill each other.
I do readily admit that Dez was the one player that irritated me, however...
  • That was because his personality negatively affected winning.
  • He was to lazy to learn the details of the offense.
    • Most veteran super star type players gain great game/scheme knowledge as they age.
    • That knowledge allows them to continue to succeed after they've "lost a step".
    • Dez fell off a cliff performance wise because he never gained that knowledge.
  • Dez also turned on Jerry the minute he didn't immediately get the contract he wanted and got Franchised.
    • Jerry had bent over backwards to help Dez.
    • Jerry once re-did his contract to give Dez money immediately because Dez was broke.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought that at first to, but it’s not really true. NE has gotten rid of a bunch of really talented players. Not to long ago I really felt it cost them some playoff success, but lately Belicheat’s coaching has been so good it hasn’t mattered.

They've traded away more All-Pros than any other team.
- Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Logan Mankins, ...

In general, I prefer the castoffs from the best team in the league over castoffs from any other team...

Anybody want the players that Miami trades away for a 7th round pick 2 years from now?

glimmerman

Reaction score
So 8 million per year for 2 years. Sounds like they won’t resign Quinn. Could have used that 8 and cut Crawford.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Lottery winner dlaw's lack of production helped create this need.

Oh please. You money haters are ridiculous. Who else scared anyone outside of DLaw? No Gregory, no Irving, no Quinn the first few games. DLaw is supposed to do it all because he got paid? People still rag on Ware because he couldn't do it all and got broken down trying. Pipe down, plebeian.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Oh please. You money haters are ridiculous. Who else scared anyone outside of DLaw? No Gregory, no Irving, no Quinn the first few games. DLaw is supposed to do it all because he got paid? People still rag on Ware because he couldn't do it all and got broken down trying. Pipe down, plebeian.
Nope, he don't have to do it by himself.......just a little help would be greatly appreciated.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was an incident in Vegas where he was accused of pushing a security guard. He was still with Seattle.

Guy can play but 3 teams have decided he’s not worth the headache. For a half season rental it’s a nice pick-up, wouldn’t want him long term.

Seahawks and Eagles traded him in part because of what it would cost to keep him.
- He was on a contract averaging about 10M per.

The Patriots already were not using him that much before he got into an argument with the coach.
- They played primarily a 4-3 last year but moved back to more of a 3-4 this year.
- I don't think they had planned to move to a 3-4 when they acquired Bennett.
- Belichick has made the decision in the training camp time frame multiple times over the years to change from a 4-3 or 3-4.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So 8 million per year for 2 years. Sounds like they won’t resign Quinn. Could have used that 8 and cut Crawford.

The Cowboys will pay Bennett between 1.76M and 2.7M for 2019 depending on incentives reached.

It will cost them 7M to keep him for 2020.

I'm certain the Cowboys made the trade based on his value to them in 2019.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when WR's would lather their hands with ridiculous amounts of Stick'um and OL would Vaseline their uniforms?

And now peeps are annoyed by guys trying to make their situations better through legal means.
Now gloves are way better than Stick'um.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bennett is Done or the Pats would never have trade him !:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

A few players the Patriots have traded away:
LB Jamie Collins

All-Pro and Pro Bowl 2015.
Traded away in 2016 at age 26.
Returned to the Patriots as a starter in 2019.

OL Logan Mankins
All-Pro in 2013.
Traded away in 2014 at age 32.
Pro Bowl in 2015.

DE Chandler Jones
Pro Bowl in 2015
Traded away in 2016 at age 26.
All-Pro and Pro Bowl 2017

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Don't understand the negativity. Dallas trades for a very talented and capable player and the cost is a nothing pick two years from now.

Bennett screws up or plays poorly, and he's gone. The Cowboys shrug their shoulders, say it was worth a try, and move on.

aria

Reaction score
Don't understand the negativity. Dallas trades for a very talented and capable player and the cost is a nothing pick two years from now.

Bennett screws up or plays poorly, and he's gone. The Cowboys shrug their shoulders, say it was worth a try, and move on.
Some of us can’t look past a players personality off the field. The majority of this fan base has criticized him and brought up some of his actions as to why he’s trash but some forgive and forget as soon as he wears a Star on his helmet. Not me.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of us can’t look past a players personality off the field. The majority of this fan base has criticized him and brought up some of his actions as to why he’s trash but some forgive and forget as soon as he wears a Star on his helmet. Not me.

You forgive no one.