TRADED Cowboys trading for DT Jordan Phillips

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I never heard his name mentioned when he played against us. Does anyone know if he's any good?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
341lbs. Okay! So we got a NT. Must not like what they see from Mazi. Makes sense. I'm watching the game. We seem to be struggling in the run still.
I don't think it means they must not like what they see from Mazi. It's a swap of late-round picks to get a player, which means they must like the depth they have at NT. I think anyone could see that the depth wasn't good ... way before this trade.

gimmesix

Reaction score
There is a possibility he doesn’t make the 53. He likely wasn’t making it in NYG

But if he does, a cheap backup NT is always a win
I think they view it as we don't like what we've got at backup NT, so he's got a good shot at making the roster in that role.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There is a possibility he doesn’t make the 53. He likely wasn’t making it in NYG

But if he does, a cheap backup NT is always a win
Yeah I don’t see him not making it but at the same time they didn’t trade him for anything. Maybe this is a wake up call move for Mazi and the other one techs. Didn’t risk anything to do it. People see 6’6 230 and get excited…..

kumizi

Reaction score
I hope his PFF score from last year isn’t indicative of his current talent level.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This is a hail mary
This is cheap fallback/backup.

I would say that players like Davis and Rogers that we shouldn't have been counting on as depth as the ones on notice. Mazi still has a job to win. If he doesn't do it, well, it's better to have Phillips to absorb some snaps than the nobodies we were counting on.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't think it means they must not like what they see from Mazi. It's a swap of late-round picks to get a player, which means they must like the depth they have at NT. I think anyone could see that the depth wasn't good ... way before this trade.

Fur sure. And it seems clear with the game I'm watching. I like the trade.