Recommended Cowboys Training Camp/Preseason Adopt A Player

CCBoy

Reaction score
Rob: Seeing that, too. Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr have really challenged the receivers on the outside. Claiborne, in particular, is playing with a ton of confidence and his technique is really sound. From an intangibles standpoint, I think Orlando Scandrick’s return gives this group an edge.

Bryan: There is no doubt that this group has been more aggressive playing the ball and the results have proved that. The key for them is going to see if they can continue with this style of play into the regular season but it has been a welcomed changed from what we have seen with them in the past.

Mailbag: How Is Rico Gathers Progressing? A More Aggressive Secondary?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mayowa is going to have an uphill climb once he is healthy with both Tapper and Russell having strong camps thus far.

Both Tapper and Russell have strong cases for a starting with Irving and Jack Crawford both very much in the mix.

CCBoy

Reaction score
New
OXNARD, Calif. -- Through six training camp practices, Dez Bryant and Morris Claiborne have been responsible for the best trash-talking.
"It's mutual respect, but at the same time it's full head of steam competition between us," Bryant said Friday. "It's just the nature of this game. We're just trying to get the best of one another and after the play we tell each other good job and move on to the next."

Claiborne has been the team's most noticeable defensive back over the last week. He's healthy and it shows. The former sixth overall pick is routinely getting his hands on passes.

Bryant said he notices Claiborne playing with some extra juice entering his fifth season with the Cowboys.

"Mo looking damn good," Bryant said. "I love his aggressiveness, including [Brandon] Carr, I think those guys are doing a tremendous job. They open my eyes, making me have to come with everything I got."

Continue reading...

VACowboy

Reaction score
There's really not much new to say about Collins. He's still an athletic monster who makes lots of wow plays but still makes you scratch your head occasionally. This is heresy and Collins isn't nearly as strong, but his temperament reminds me of LA.

David Irving has been a bright spot on the defensive line. In extended practice duty he's been playing stout run D and harassing the QBs from both end positions (mostly left) as well as the interior spots. He had a sack off the edge in the Blue/White scrimmage. He won a a couple times in one on one drills against starters too, Free for one and I think Martin.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
My guy Cam Bradfield has still not appeared in any reports from camp. :( I think he is a goner.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Nzeocha showed up in goal line drills yesterday and seems to on the kick return and kick coverage units. Good sign he will make the roster

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Since Mayowa isnt ready I'm going to pick up Russell for now and when Mayowa is healthy detail the battle between the two for snaps

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Day 4

Rolando McClain tried waking up ........ but it was to hard.

Randy Gregory woke up at 7:30 ..... worked out ....... ate breakfast ...... smoked a joint ........ ****** ........ try again tomorrow
It was funny about four posts ago.. just saying, let's try to keep this thread on topic and about players actually at camp.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just to give some of you an assist....

David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 1h1 hour ago Oxnard, CA
Zeke visiting with the Playmaker, Michael Irvin, after practice.

Cpikh5CVUAAfnhe.jpg

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 18m18 minutes ago Oxnard, CA
Ezekiel Elliott talking to Michael Irvin about how hard it's been to put legal matters aside and focus on football

Cpiv7MjUAAAbz47.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I'm officially adopting these guys...

Me, too, Zeke. Me, too.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
don't get into my reach level! is that what Irving said to DLaw? and what does that mean?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It was funny about four posts ago.. just saying, let's try to keep this thread on topic and about players actually at camp.

Uhhhhh I posted that 9 days ago ........ your chastising was a little late.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Eatman gave Nzeocha a shout out today. With Lee resting, Mark got plenty of reps with the 1st and 2nd team and was around the ball a lot. Can't wait to see him play Saturday night