Twitter: Cowboys trying to get Jamal Adams - No Trade ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Was just messing. Fellow Clemson fan here myself
I know. I am just been hearing all year how the ACC stinks, so I am triggered, LOL. Maybe they do stink, but other conferences aren't as good as they think.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I am not all that enamored on giving up multiple draft picks. A first and I'm fine.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He's a young player among the top at his position. Even if we fail to get far in the playoffs, he's worth acquiring.

Bennett was a now piece that cost us very little. He probably won't be here next year or at least the year after that. Adams is a building block.
But this is his 3rd year, can Dallas exercise 5th year option if they did not pick him

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
If they'd take a 1st round pick for him I'd do that. I wouldn't do more. You figure the pick will be in the teens and that's fair considering he was the 6th overall pick but must be downgraded some for getting Jets coaching for three years.
But he has gained three years of experience in the Jets' wonderful system...that alone should be worth an addition first! :)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He's an average to below average safety. Better in a special teams and backup S role.

Adams would be a huge upgrade on him. The price is what would worry me.
And the price for what the upgrade actually accomplishes would be way out of whack.

lopey

Reaction score
Just got a notification from the NFL app on my phone that states "The Cowboys have not only emerged as the front-runner in the Jamal Adams trade sweepstakes, but they're will to part ways with a heap of draft picks."

Eek!!!

I really really really really want a good safety but I hope they don't give away the farm.
WOW

Sydla

Reaction score
Either could be true or even a combination.

Could be a tactic by Jets to drive up price.

Could be the Eagles have real interest in him.

Could be the Eagles trying to drive up the price their rivals have to pay.

I know NFL guys who have said you can usually get Jerry to bid against himself and overpay. They literally refer it as the Jerry Tax.

I doubt it's the Eagles.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Jerry stated that he will not give up a 1st rd pick after the Cooper trade,i hope he keeps his word.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Just got a notification from the NFL app on my phone that states "The Cowboys have not only emerged as the front-runner in the Jamal Adams trade sweepstakes, but they're will to part ways with a heap of draft picks."

Eek!!!

I really really really really want a good safety but I hope they don't give away the farm.
I need to read this. Link?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
From what I've seen and I read I think you might be right. Just watched his highlight reel and it was all blitzes and run support plays. The only pass play they showed--a pick--was only an interception because a Jew DB tipped it right his way. I'm open to the idea, but not convinced.
A what DB? lol

But to your point - he's not really a ballhawk, he's Landon Collins, who sucks already lol.

lopey

Reaction score
People complain about the lack of moves AND the cost to trade for impact players. People need to choose one or the other.
Well there is giving up TO MUCH for a player, not just black and white my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.