Twitter: Cowboys turned down trade offer for McGovern?

The Realist

Reaction score
He said he is a natural at LT and had to learn RT.

He maybe stronger and better than Williams and at this point LC is the swing tackle.

McGovern is probably being trained for center

You listened to the interview and came away thinking he said left tackle vs left side?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cowboys should not be giving.

They should be getting.

Picks are useless right now.

Winning SB is the goal right now, lock and load.

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Not trading him for anything less than a second rounder. Don’t know why you don’t get it. He has starting caliber talent. Just turns out Martin and Williams are better. In case you haven’t noticed, starting caliber OL don’t grow on trees.
Williams is NOT better. You don’t know what a guy can do if you’re constantly trotting the same JAG out there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Williams is NOT better. You don’t know what a guy can do if you’re constantly trotting the same JAG out there.
coaches say otherwise

ill believe the coaches

If Mcgovern was a better LG hed be starting .apparently hes not.

blueblood70

Reaction score

They should be getting.

hes played 6 games and has 5 tackles and 1 sack not sure hes better then what we got unless he traded for 5th/6th rounder..

Reactions: BAT

Beaker42

Reaction score

They should be getting.

I’d offer the Steelers a 2nd for Ingram. At least we’d be getting a 2nd rounder who can actually play.

Beaker42

Reaction score
hes played 6 games and has 5 tackles and 1 sack not sure hes better then what we got unless he traded for 5th/6th rounder..
You know he’s only getting about 25% of the snaps he did w/ the Chargers, right?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
According to who? You?
You have no clue on player value or talent.

Were you one of those who wanted to cut Steele anytime in the last 18 months?

And you have him worthy of a first or second rounder?

That’s laughable at best.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You know he’s only getting about 25% of the snaps he did w/ the Chargers, right?
so that still jag stat line..so regardless of snaps and no not paying attention to guy not playing much LOL

a 2nd are you nuts no way no how..a 5th maybe..a 4th if the FO believes he can play but tanks coming back in few weeks so im not giving anything that valuable up

droopdog7

Reaction score
The LAST thing we should be doing is trading away depth this season. You want to contend you need to add, not subtract.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
And you have him worthy of a first or second rounder?

That’s laughable at best.

Did you want to cut Steele anytime these past 18 months?

Yeah, McGovern is worth at least a 2nd round pick and perhaps a 1st if it is a late 1st at this stage if I were trading him.

Your 5th round grade on him speaks volumes about your eye for talent and player value.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did you want to cut Steele anytime these past 18 months?

Yeah, McGovern is worth at least a 2nd round pick and perhaps a 1st if it is a late 1st at this stage if I were trading him.

Your 5th round grade on him speaks volumes about your eye for talent and player value.

I wont even discuss it actually your stance is so dumb. Complete comedy.

Ive never said much of anything about Steele. Nice to see the kid come out of nowhere after a rough rookie campaign. Why would you cut a 2nd year kid? More dumb from you.

Last edited:

cb626

Reaction score
Not worth a 1st or 2nd, I'd feel he is worth original draft capitol. This time of the year if you're calling Dallas asking about a young talented offensive lineman, you need one. You aren't thinking "oh hey I can grab this guy on the cheap and maybe solve our guard problem for years" no you're more likely desperate. You'd better be willing to over pay.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not worth a 1st or 2nd, I'd feel he is worth original draft capitol. This time of the year if you're calling Dallas asking about a young talented offensive lineman, you need one. You aren't thinking "oh hey I can grab this guy on the cheap and maybe solve our guard problem for years" no you're more likely desperate. You'd better be willing to over pay.

I like McGovern better than Williams. However we are talking about a 3rd round pick that hasnt been able to crack the starting lineup and this is what is 3rd season? I think there is no way we even get a 3rd round pick for him. He has 1 year left on his rookie deal. That devalues the player.