Twitter: Cowboys tweets 1/2/18

Gameover

Reaction score
I would a bet my bottom dollar that Dez would be a goner!

Still think strong possibility him or Dak will not be here/not a starter next season

Depends on what the coaches see on tape

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
When did the Dallas Cowboys become about having a good regular season record, and virtually no postseason success?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-postseason-record-ranked-from-32-to-1-010617

Trust me, I am not happy with or proud of the team, nor am I thrilled with another year of the clapper. His first year or two I was hopeful, but it has become painfully obvious that he is not growing into the job. The same mistakes, same disorganization, etc means it is time for a change. It is kind of funny, but Jerry has come full circle. He has become the establishment. He is no longer the risk taking wildcatter.

Reactions: BAT

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

The team didn't look all that good in either Giant game.

They scored 3 points in the second half in the first game and need two huge plays in the second game to make the score look respectable even though the offense sucked through most of that one as well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The linked article is depressing, in regards to Dak. The Hartford Colonials?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I would a bet my bottom dollar that Dez would be a goner!

Still think strong possibility him or Dak will not be here/not a starter next season

Depends on what the coaches see on tape

I applaud your optimism, but we're talking about Jerry.

2012-1-8-JerryJonesMain.jpg

Primetime42

Reaction score
All this talk about familiarity assumes the offensive and defensive schemes weren't predictable in 2014 and 2016.

It's a tired phrase, but in the end it all comes down to execution. Let's hope coaches and players do a better job of it next year.

Gameover

Reaction score
Jerry even reached back in time and told a story about Don Shula and how predictable he was and how teams knew what they were doing but they still steam rolled whoever they play.

Then he goes on to acknowledge that the salary cap has all of these teams similar and that schemes matter.

So he wants his cake and eat it too.
Who did they steamroll w Shula?

I think he's meaning Norv

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Who did they steamroll w Shula?

I think he's meaning Norv

He's talking Shula's Dolphins in the early 70s. The were vanilla, won games with Earl Morrall playing QB, and just overpowered teams.

These days you need a top QB and a coach who is a step ahead of his peers. Best of luck to us.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
15 years, 0 playoff wins, 2 year extension - Bengals fans would kill to trade places with us. :muttley:

Reactions: BAT