Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 10/13

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Stephen and jerry lowballed him. The guaranteed money was trash. Less than goff and wentz. He should have held out
We don't know the specifics though. "Trash" couldve been 2 million less than those two got. Or 5 million less..................to be fair it couldve been 20 million less lol. Just sayin

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yup. This is mostly on his daks agent . He was offered 35 million a year for Christ sake. I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent is fired
Taking $35m/yr would have cost Dak probably $20m over the life of a 4-year deal at the time. So yea, it was the right call in that sense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way too early to be concerned over any contracts. For myself, I will not care until after the season is over. Heck I never cared last off season. I don't get into nor care about the numbers. During the off-season, if it got done, it got done. This next off-season, if it gets done, it gets done.

I was 50-50 on Dak going into the 2019 season, going into this season probably 60-40, 65-35, as I wanted to see how he did. And he was doing pretty well, with a few hiccups, but no more than Romo had either.

I will wait further.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We don't know the specifics though. "Trash" couldve been 2 million less than those two got. Or 5 million less..................to be fair it couldve been 20 million less lol. Just sayin
$5 million less. A year later. He should have held out. The 3 worst organizations are the only ones to have a qb play on the tag

waving monkey

Reaction score
This season was Dak's show me season before I was OK with him now I know he's the man. Many already were convince. I went luke warm with the hard line negotiating tactics.
We're not getting a better QB in the draft. If Dak comes back ready he'll get his money.

Creeper

Reaction score
We are arguing over what we do not know. There were reports about what Dallas offered and reports about what Dak wanted but I don't think any of those reports were accurate. And we also heard that the disagreement was on the length of the contract. Dak wanted 4 years and the Cowboys wanted 5.

IMO, Dak is not worth $40 million a year and Jerry alluded to why. Because he has to put a team around Dak. That means paying Cooper, Paying Zeke, Paying Martin, Smith, and Collins. He has to think about paying Gallup in 2022 along with someone who can play defense better than my grandmother.

Dak is a very good QB, but he is not elite. Before the Cowboys got Amari Cooper, the Cowboys offense was garbage. Cooper made Dak and the team better. Dak does not make his receivers better. Look at Wentz last year. His entire receiver corps was injured and the Eagles made the playoffs throwing to TEs and RBs. Last year, teams took Cooper out of the game and the Cowboys offense went nowhere. I am not saying Wentz is better than Dak. Wentz has his own issues. What I am saying is that Dak is not elite and I don't care how many yards he throws for in garbage time. The point is if Jerry has to pay 3 WRs and a RB so Dak can reach his potential, he needs the CAP room to do it and paying Dak $40 million hinders his ability to do that.

Also, remember these negotiations took place after an 8-8 season where Dak literally lost the division title game to the Eagles team with no receivers. The Cowboys offense fell flat against all the top teams, except the Rams.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Your assuming Dak is good....when he is benefiting playing in Kellen 's system. He's below average @ best. His inaccuracies killed us...repeatedly.
You also said Kellen Moore would take the starting job from Romo, and I am going to repeat this every time you post about Dak. Your credibility is NON EXISISTENT

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Your assuming Dak is good....when he is benefiting playing in Kellen 's system. He's below average @ best. His inaccuracies killed us...repeatedly.

This is the only good part of this injury is, no more speculation, we are about to find out just how plug and play this offense is at the QB position....shouldn't be much left to discuss afetr the season is over