Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 10/13

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not saying that you are wrong but I heard it was more than Wentz and Goff at 110 million.

He’s wrong.

The issue was the 5th year. And the fact that Dak wasn’t a first round pick, so the team had no fifth year option with guaranteed money to roll into the new money on the deal.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He’s wrong.

The issue was the 5th year. And the fact that Dak wasn’t a first round pick, so the team had no fifth year option with guaranteed money to roll into the new money on the deal.
I knew the issue was the 5th year but also thought they offered more guaranteed money.

dckid

Reaction score
Yup. This is mostly on his daks agent . He was offered 35 million a year for Christ sake. I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent is fired
You know.. its tough to blame either party. If Dak remained healthy and put up 5K passing yards even at a sub par record he would get 40 million a year.
Dak decided that 35 per year was below market value for him.
Cousins or Flacco didnt get injured betting on themselves, Dak did. It is how the cookie crumbles. At least he didnt get injured last season playing for 1 million salary.
Let's not feel bad for him, he is getting 31 million this year. To put that in perspective.
If a person makes 200K a year for 40 years that is only 8 million dollars total. Dak has also earned endorsements, sleepnumber, soup, yogurt, plus i am sure every local DFW brand possible.
We would all be praising his agent if he didnt get injured

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
35 million a year and over 100 million guaranteed is not lowballed. That is more than Goff and Wentz.
35 a year is more but the guaranteed is less. News flash. No agent cares about hypothetically $ per year. It's all about the Guaranteed $$

glimmerman

Reaction score
35 a year is more but the guaranteed is less. News flash. No agent cares about hypothetically $ per year. It's all about the Guaranteed $$
When Dak talked to JJ and SJ they came to a contract he agreed to but time ran out. I think it lays out the structure for this season. The injury won’t matter to JJ as long as there is no nerve damage. He will be signed pretty quick. I am sure his agent will be screaming for more now that watson and mahomes got signed.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It is all about your context. For us mortals, $35 million is a ton of money and we say what the heck is the difference? But in the QB context there is a difference. I have turned down a job of $250,000 because others that do my job are currently making between $280-300K. For people making $40K a year, they may say the same thing about me. Context.
:hammer:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It was both. The years and guarantee.

Dak was ok with the money as reports and SJ has been on record as saying. Its only the 5th yr the teram wanted and Dak didnt want as the hold up. Dallas offered him 110mil in guaranteed money. Below Market value? Dak got bad advice from a agent who historically plays hard ball with teams and burns bridges. Evenmoreso on this deal because of the new TV deal that was about to come out, then the pandemic happened. Making it even more bad advice, and now then this injury happened which makes this probably the worst decision Dak will ever make in his life.

Dak should've looked at the history of this team when dealing with its franchise QBs. He shouldve taken that 5 yr deal which would've turned out into most likely a 10 yr deal with a restructure Dallas does with its stars, and end up making over 300mil and close to 400.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what #54 Smith and #48 Thomas are doing on that play? Thomas looks like he is playing zone and then has a oh-no moment and realizes it is man coverage and his man ran right by him. I have no clue what Jaylon Smith was doing on that play. It looked like the RB was his man and he was 10-15 yards deep.

Jaylon Smith called the play and he did not even know his own responsibility. So it looked.

Can someone explain to me what #54 Smith and #48 Thomas are doing on that play? Thomas looks like he is playing zone and then has a oh-no moment and realizes it is man coverage and his man ran right by him. I have no clue what Jaylon Smith was doing on that play. It looked like the RB was his man and he was 10-15 yards deep.

Jaylon Smith called the play and he did not even know his own responsibility. So it looked.

I have often criticized Jaylon Smith. However, Smith was good on that play. If you watch the play you see him peel off and cover #82 (TE). Thomas should have been covering #82 but he blew the coverage so Smith picked up the TE to stop a TD. The defense was designed for Thomas to pick up #82 and for Smith to take the RB. Thomas' failure to pick up his guy made Smith choose between covering the TE running wide open for an easy TD or cover the RB who was still in the backfield. Smith made the right call. Thomas blew the play.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak was ok with the money as reports and SJ has been on record as saying. Its only the 5th yr the teram wanted and Dak didnt want as the hold up. Dallas offered him 110mil in guaranteed money. Below Market value? Dak got bad advice from a agent who historically plays hard ball with teams and burns bridges. Evenmoreso on this deal because of the new TV deal that was about to come out, then the pandemic happened. Making it even more bad advice, and now then this injury happened which makes this probably the worst decision Dak will ever make in his life.

Dak should've looked at the history of this team when dealing with its franchise QBs. He shouldve taken that 5 yr deal which would've turned out into most likely a 10 yr deal with a restructure Dallas does with its stars, and end up making over 300mil and close to 400.
No owner takes care of his players better then the Jones family when the players leave the game as well. Look at Emmitt.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Your assuming Dak is good....when he is benefiting playing in Kellen 's system. He's below average @ best. His inaccuracies killed us...repeatedly.

And these are the posts that bring down the Zone and keep fans who want to have good rational discussions away.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We don't know the specifics though. "Trash" couldve been 2 million less than those two got. Or 5 million less..................to be fair it couldve been 20 million less lol. Just sayin
This lowball garbage is just that - they did not lowball anything. - these fans are just trying to make Dak not look like a stupid idiot for not signing!

kumizi

Reaction score
Dak was ok with the money as reports and SJ has been on record as saying. Its only the 5th yr the teram wanted and Dak didnt want as the hold up. Dallas offered him 110mil in guaranteed money. Below Market value?
Goff and Wentz got around $110 million guaranteed on 4 year deals.

Dallas wanted Dak to sign a 5 yr deal but offered him the guaranteed money that came with a 4 year deal.

Dak would've signed for $110 million and 4 years but if the Cowboys were insistent on 5 years, the guaranteed money had to reflect the additional year.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It is all about your context. For us mortals, $35 million is a ton of money and we say what the heck is the difference? But in the QB context there is a difference. I have turned down a job of $250,000 because others that do my job are currently making between $280-300K. For people making $40K a year, they may say the same thing about me. Context.
Bingo. That is why there is a thing called a job market lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If that is the case then the Jones screwed up. Should have just offer him just a little more in guarantee with that 5th year, imo.
That is correct and Dak also wanted a stipulation that if he signed a 5 year deal that they would not be able to franchise tag him. Jerry and Stephen declined that. So Dak's camp tried to make concessions but Jerry and Stephen are pieces of garbage

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Nope. They offered him $106 I believe. That was less than Goff or Wentz a year after they signed. Then wanted to give him a 5 year deal but not reflect the same guarantee that a 5th year should bring. Dak agreed to take a 5 year deal but wanted in the contract that they couldn't franchise tag him after and Jerry and Stephen declined. Imagine broke ppl simping for billionaires. Lol this country is a laughing stock to people with a brain