Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 12/12

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
common sense says the one area you truly want a big catch threat TE is red zone.
it's our weakest position now that we have amari.
when your best red zoenplay is qb read option or draw then RZ success will be tough.

I agree, and I'd like to see them even attempt to throw to one of these TE's there, just to keep defenses honest. If anything, I'm encouraged that both Jarwin and Schultz had their best performances of the season last week. Neither looked lost or overwhelmed out there and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. I'd make it a priority to work on in practice.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree, and I'd like to see them even attempt to throw to one of these TE's there, just to keep defenses honest. If anything, I'm encouraged that both Jarwin and Schultz had their best performances of the season last week. Neither looked lost or overwhelmed out there and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. I'd make it a priority to work on in practice.
They tried Rico early in the year to spectacular failure so they seem gun shy.
We've seen Dak force it to Amari but he is double covered down there.
Cole is lightning quick but even he dropped one.

I think it will remain a soft area for us with this personnel but again this is not a SB favorite.

We are becoming a quite good team however and I can live with that.

I do agree Jarwin and Schultz are looking so much better that they may be due some RZ touches.

With 3 weeks ot play with you can certainly work on specific things like Dak not fumbling and this team scoring in RZ.

The Byron Jones to follow Ertz last week was such a sweet tweak that hasn't been mentioned enough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think it will remain a soft area for us with this personnel but again this is not a SB favorite.

I do agree Jarwin and Schultz are looking so much better that they may be due some RZ touches.

With 3 weeks ot play with you can certainly work on specific things like Dak not fumbling and this team scoring in RZ.

I think that if they can fix this red zone mess, they can play with anybody. It's the biggest thing holding this team back from being a legit Super Bowl contender, in my opinion.

The Byron Jones to follow Ertz last week was such a sweet tweak that hasn't been mentioned enough.

I think Richard and the defense continue to come up with smart, new innovations. I loved the dime stuff they ran with Jordan Lewis against New Orleans as well. If only the offensive minds had such creativity.

Zman5

Reaction score

T. Austin should help in the RZ once he's back. I'd like to see Brown also get involved more in the RZ .

pansophy

Reaction score
Scoring Avg is still the big one. Yards and efficiency have gone up all over the place, but the red zone offside issues continue to be this team's undoing. It's the one component that stands to derail an otherwise dominant team. If it's not fixed soon, it will certainly cost us in the playoffs.
Totally agree. Red zone offense is bad for many reasons.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who’s in love with this offense?

I want Linehan booted the second the season is over.

He thinks throwing screens on third down is creative.

Heck, the WRs have made noise about this offensive scheme for a while now.

There's a much bigger problem with this offense than that. Much bigger.