Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 12/13

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

If wINTz is worth $30 million, Dak gonna get paid too.

No.

Wentz has big arm talent that Dak can only dream of but outside of Cowboy land people will consider his bad back and rebuilt knee as the reason he is having a down year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The way the QB market is heading, I'd probably put $24 million a year down on the table for Prescott if the guarantees aren't ridiculous. The Commanders paid $23 million a year for a 34 year old Alex Smith (RIP), the Vikings paid freaking $28 million/yr fully guaranteed for Kirk Cousins, I don't think we are going to get much of a better deal than that.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
No.

Wentz has big arm talent that Dak can only dream of but outside of Cowboy land people will consider his bad back and rebuilt knee as the reason he is having a down year.
Arm talent isn't everything. There are many players that had it but didn't win. Akili Smith is one that comes to mind. Ryan Leaf had a big arm too. A more recent example is Jay Cutler. They all had arm talent but they weren't winners. Dak is a winner.

Speaking of records, here is wINTz vs Dak thru the years:

2016: wINTz was 7-9
2016: Dak was 13-3
2017: wINTz was 10-1*
2017: Dak was 9-7
2018: wINTz is 7-7
2018: Dak is 8-5

Dak swept him in 2016, lost 1 in 2017 and swept wINTz again this year. So head to head Dak is up 4-1 by my count.

If not for Zeke's suspension, Tyron Smith being hurt a few games (most notably in ATL), Dak likely wins 12 games in 2017.

Career record as a starter. Advantage: Dak (30-15 vs 24-17).

Playoffs. Dak is 0-1 (but played well; threw for 301 yards and a couple TDs). wINTz is 0-0.

Dak has his warts. All QBs do. But if you asking me who I want between Dak and wINTz, it's obvious to me that Dak is the winner you'd rather lead your franchise over wINTz.

And give me Dak's "availability" over wINTZ "ability" too. wINTz missing significant playing time for the 2nd straight year. Not good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Arm talent isn't everything. There are many players that had it but didn't win. Akili Smith is one that comes to mind. Ryan Leaf had a big arm too. A more recent example is Jay Cutler. They all had arm talent but they weren't winners. Dak is a winner.

Dak swept him in 2016, lost 1 in 2017 and swept wINTz again this year. So head to head Dak is up 4-1 by my count.

If not for Zeke's suspension, Tyron Smith being hurt a few games (most notably in ATL), Dak likely wins 12 games in 2017.

Playoffs. Dak is 0-1 (but played well; threw for 301 yards and a couple TDs). wINTz is 0-0.

Dak has his warts. All QBs do. But if you asking me who I want between Dak and wINTz. It's obvious to me that Dak is the winner you'd rather lead your franchise over wINTz.

And give me Dak's "availability" over wINTZ "ability" too. wINTz missing significant playing time for the 2nd straight year. Not good.

Wentz has the intangibles too.

Wentz is basically a perfect QB but his mobility is not what it was a year ago because of the injury.

A healthy Carson Wentz is way better then Dak could hope to be.

Everyone besides a Cowboy fan knows this.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Wentz has the intangibles too.

Wentz is basically a perfect QB but his mobility is not what it was a year ago because of the injury.

A healthy Carson Wentz is way better then Dak could hope to be.

Everyone besides a Cowboy fan knows this.
He's not a winner. Foles won it all for them. I hope Foles wins the rest of their games this season and create a QB controversy. Maybe the Eagirls will trade wINTz for a conditional 5th rounder. :laugh:

jujoboys

Reaction score

Dak has his warts. All QBs do. But if you asking me who I want between Dak and wINTz, it's obvious to me that Dak is the winner you'd rather lead your franchise over wINTz.

Wentz is 5-6 in 2018, not 7-7. Foles started the first 2 games and went 1-1.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Wentz is 5-6 in 2018, not 7-7. Foles started the first 2 games and went 1-1.
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. I was giving him credit he didn't deserve. :laugh:

Updated career records: Dak is 30-15; wINTz is 22-18. He barely a 0.500 QB despite being a 1st round pick. :lmao:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak definitely has his "warts" to overcome, just as Wentz has his, also.

All in all, it does seem fair to say their futures should prove interesting.

In the grand scheme of things, it's also fair to say both are good QBs!