Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 12/13

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mahomes is really the only one worth that size contract but I'm still not convinced he could put up these numbers year in year out. Wentz has had 2 bad years and 1 good year in his career. Trubisky could get paid if he continues to help the Bears win. There aren't really any elite young QBs in the league. It's still all about Aaron, Tom, Ben and Drew (wow that sounds like the whitest boy band).

Wentz played like a typical rookie as a rookie which is a huge positive. He wasn't bad at all by normal rookie standards. Goff was bad.

He wasn't as good as Dak as a rookie but what Dak did was not normal.

Nav22

Reaction score
From a talent perspective he is perfect yes.
You brought up his intangibles before calling him perfect. Wentz’s intangibles are far from perfect.

For the most part, he’s been garbage in the clutch. And now he’s showing that he isn’t a tough guy who will play through pain.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Well the argument was Wentz has better arm talent and you immediately ran to google.

You shouldn't need google to see that Wentz has better arm talent.

Not 1 NFL team would go to google first to see who has better arm talent between the 2. They would watch them play.

I was seeing if you had anything to back up your statement, thats why I asked you how you came to that conclusion. Because saying better arm talent is an ambiguous term thrown out there all the time, but doesnt mean much.

You didnt have anything to backup it but did mention downfield accuracy and ability to complete more difficult passes. Stats and fans comments say otherwise to the downfield accuracy.

Difficult throws is another ambiguous statement
We've seen them both make difficult throws

Here's what we know for certain:
Dak has outplayed Wentz in two of three seasons
Dak has proven to be much more durable than Wentz
Each had a season in which they were considered MVP candidates largely due to their strong supporting casts
Cowboys spent a late 4th on Dak and the Eagles spent a two 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, and 4th round picks
Dak has an annual average cap hit under $1M, while Carsons is over $6.5M a year.

Oh I absolutely agree, thats why you need to watch their games more often before making absolute statements.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Their system stinks but that's what you get with Gruden.

People love the personality but his schemes are trash.

He's Bill Callahan with a lot of attitude.

Gruden wasnt with the Raider last season. Carr stinks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gruden wasnt with the Raider last season. Carr stinks

Gruden offenses almost always stink.

He had a nice run with Rich Gannon but his old school west coast offense is too archaic imo and most of his success has came because the teams he had were great defenses.

He'd be a great walk around head coach but I do not want him touching my offense.

Derek Carr doesn't stink either and he would be a steal for some team to pick up.

Derek Carr would be better in Dallas then Dak IMO.

He just has more ability as a passer. With our run game it would be easy for him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

He had a nice run with Rich Gannon but his old school west coast offense is too archaic imo and most of his success has came because the teams he had were great defenses.

He'd be a great walk around head coach but I do not want him touching my offense.

Derek Carr doesn't stink either and he would be a steal for some team to pick up.

He just has more ability as a passer.

I dont think you understood. Gruden wasnt in Oakland last season and Cooper had a below pedestrian season.
Carr is absolute garbage- a bottom starting 5 QB and is much worse than Dak.

He has less ability than Dak as a passer and it's shown.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I dont think you understood. Gruden wasnt in Oakland last season and Cooper had a below pedestrian season.
Carr is absolute garbage- a bottom starting 5 QB and is much worse than Dak.

He has less ability than Dak as a passer and it's shown.

He doesn't but again... Google will tell you Dak is better. 1:18 in the video will tell you Dak wishes he could make a throw like that.

DEA_dad

Reaction score

Considered not that great of a source in Philly so take it for what it’s worth but where there’s smoke there’s fire

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
And I do not care what the numbers say and neither would any NFL talent evaluator when comparing the 2.

% numbers get skewed.

I do not care that Wentz has better numbers this year. He was better last year.

I do not care that Eli Manning is having one of his better statistical season. He's awful.

You gotta watch the games and then take a dive into the numbers. Not the numbers first.

Dak's completion percentages along with guys like Eli is just a big who cares for me and should be for anyone who watches football and not their computer screen.

Dak is a limited player. Carson Wentz isn't.

1) Well, right now Wentz is a whole heck of a lot more limited than Dak. Seeing as Wentz has a bad back and can't even play.
2) Dak is more mobile than Wentz. Dak is a better leader from what I have seen these first 3 years. Dak is a more clutch QB than Wentz. Other than Wentz being slightly more accurate than Dak, I don't see anything else Wentz is better at than Dak.
3) I would say Wentz plays in a more QB-friendly system with Pederson than Dak has with Garrett. I would say Dak has had the better OL to play behind. But, I don't see a very large difference between the Cowboys' and Eagles' OLs over the last 3 years. Dak has had the better RB. The defenses over the last 3 years probably favors Philthy slightly.

Dak/Wentz is somewhat similar to the Ware/Merriman debates. Merriman started quick out of the gate and then the wheels fell off. Both Wentz and Dak started pretty quickly out of the gate. Dak may have slightly dipped from his stellar rookie season but has been pretty steady over the past 3 years. We shall see what Wentz has in the future. A bad back on top of a torn ACL does not bode well for the future. And Wentz's accuracy has taken a hit this year and he has been choking in the 4th quarter a lot.

Give Wentz a good defense and a lead in the 4th quarter and he probably gets you the win. Otherwise, it is a crapshoot with Wentz. If I need a score in the 4th quarter, I'd rather have Dak at the helm.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
1) Well, right now Wentz is a whole heck of a lot more limited than Dak. Seeing as Wentz has a bad back and can't even play.
2) Dak is more mobile than Wentz. Dak is a better leader from what I have seen these first 3 years. Dak is a more clutch QB than Wentz. Other than Wentz being slightly more accurate than Dak, I don't see anything else Wentz is better at than Dak.
3) I would say Wentz plays in a more QB-friendly system with Pederson than Dak has with Garrett. I would say Dak has had the better OL to play behind. But, I don't see a very large difference between the Cowboys' and Eagles' OLs over the last 3 years. Dak has had the better RB. The defenses over the last 3 years probably favors Philthy slightly.

Dak/Wentz is somewhat similar to the Ware/Merriman debates. Merriman started quick out of the gate and then the wheels fell off. Both Wentz and Dak started pretty quickly out of the gate. Dak may have slightly dipped from his stellar rookie season but has been pretty steady over the past 3 years. We shall see what Wentz has in the future. A bad back on top of a torn ACL does not bode well for the future. And Wentz's accuracy has taken a hit this year and he has been choking in the 4th quarter a lot.

Give Wentz a good defense and a lead in the 4th quarter and he probably gets you the win. Otherwise, it is a crapshoot with Wentz. If I need a score in the 4th quarter, I'd rather have Dak at the helm.

Wentz and Dak are nothing like Ware and Merriman.

Demarcus Ware was a ridiculous talent.

If anything Wentz is Ware in that story.

Ware and Justin Tuck is a better comparison.

Dak relies on others to be better. Others rely on Wentz to be better.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak relies on others to be better. Others rely on Wentz to be better.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Please everyone do us and favor and ignore him

Wentz rookie season he didnt have a great roster around him, had a good one but not great and Wentz sucked.

His sophomore season he has a super bowl team around him and plays better because the team around him. He gets replaced after injury by a career journeyman and GETS OUTPLAYED BY THE JOURNEYMAN QB!!! That QB made the players around him better than Wentz did.

Now Wentz regresses mightly, they still have a super bowl worthy team and Wentz holds his team back so much they wont be making the playoffs.

TALK ABOUT PULLING **** OUT OF YOUR ***
Everything up to this point has proven the EXACT OPPOSITE, yet he says stuff like this. That's embarrassing

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
And I do not care what the numbers say and neither would any NFL talent evaluator when comparing the 2.

% numbers get skewed.

I do not care that Wentz has better numbers this year. He was better last year.

I do not care that Eli Manning is having one of his better statistical season. He's awful.

You gotta watch the games and then take a dive into the numbers. Not the numbers first.

Dak's completion percentages along with guys like Eli is just a big who cares for me and should be for anyone who watches football and not their computer screen.

Dak is a limited player. Carson Wentz isn't.
I'd say not finishing the last two years is very limited! And % numbers do get skewed, but the one stat that doesn't is the "W."

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Please everyone do us and favor and ignore him

Wentz rookie season he didnt have a great roster around him, had a good one but not great and Wentz sucked.

His sophomore season he has a super bowl team around him and plays better because the team around him. He gets replaced after injury by a career journeyman and GETS OUTPLAYED BY THE JOURNEYMAN QB!!! That QB made the players around him better than Wentz did.

Now Wentz team regresses mightly, they still have a super bowl worthy team and Wentz holds his team back so much they wont be making the playoffs.

TALK ABOUT PULLING **** OUT OF YOUR ***

You're right.. The caps lock followed by a bunch of haha's changed my mind. Dak is better then Wentz.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'd say not finishing the last two years is very limited! And % numbers do get skewed, but the one stat that doesn't is the "W."

This is why Dak gets the Tebow comparisons. Because Tebow got the W's too.

Tebow, like Dak, are guys that aren't being asked to go win a game. They're being asked to not screw it up.

So of course your typical homer fan is going to give them more credit for W's then they deserve when they're really just along for the ride.

Prime21

Reaction score

He just has more ability as a passer. With our run game it would be easy for him.

Gruden's offense is more modern than ours.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is why Dak gets the Tebow comparisons. Because Tebow got the W's too.

Tebow, like Dak, are guys that aren't being asked to go win a game. They're being asked to not screw it up.

So of course your typical homer fan is going to give them more credit for W's then they deserve when they're really just along for the ride.

Just for those at home keeping score:

Tim tebow record first three seasons- 8-6
Dak record- 30-15

This thread: 8
Catch17: -5

Dak doesnt get the Tebow comparison, except very rarely by very uneducated people

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just for those at home keeping score:

Tim tebow record first three seasons- 8-6
Dak record- 30-15

This thread: 8
Catch17: -5

Dak doesnt get the Tebow comparison, except very rarely by very uneducated people

Ah.. Yeah. I'm losing the debate because I think Wentz is better then Dak. Sure thing bud.

Could you add some more caps lock and haha's on your scoreboard?