Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 4/24

Carson

Reaction score
I'm not saying I'd absolutely love the pick or he is without warts. But to say he is a late 2nd round or 3rd rounder is crazy. Guys with his size/speed/productivity (even in a smaller conference) do not slip beyond the first round.

I’m still on the fence.

I will say though, I much prefer LVE to Taven Bryan or Sutton at 19 at this point

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
hey jday--i agree..i looked at nfldraftscoutprofile...and LVE traits are almost identical to Bobby Carpenter LB we took at #18 in 2006...and that turned out very bad...i am going to after i post this to you post a new thread of what percentage of possibility can Vita Vea fall to 19?

They are nothing alike...That I promise you. Vander Esch can run... and hit. Carpenter was a puss...then Marc Columbo totally destroyed any confidence he had...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Still, have to worry about Lee staying on the field. We need two cover LBers on the field which means you will likely need 3 on the 53. LBers get injured more than any other position in the NFL. This will help the DL get more pressure and the DBs look better. I'm huge on LVE or Evans at 19. I'm not huge on a 0 DT but Vea can play the 0, 1, and 3. So I won't be upset if they take him. I don't think he'll make it to 19 though.

I think they can get Washington in R2 although I think Moore is a tad better. I don't want Ridley; too fragile IMO.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Lol when Sturm mentioned his size and said most LBs aren't that big now

That's kinda the point.

GORICO

Reaction score
I wouldn't be willing to call it the best without the benefit of seeing it in action, but top 1/3rd of the league, I believe, is fair to say.
jday--- true...top 1/3 is more accurate at this point in assessement...at times i go over the top about cowboys..GO COWBOYS ..HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS

GORICO

Reaction score
They are nothing alike...That I promise you. Vander Esch can run... and hit. Carpenter was a puss...then Marc Columbo totally destroyed any confidence he had...
floaty----you seem to know a little more inside stuff on "Barbie" Carpenter...how did Columbo destroy Barbies confidence?