Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 4/24

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I feel like we are gonna draft Leighton Vander Esch in the first round and then use some sort of trade, likely the 2nd rounder, and get Earl Thomas.

We'd have the makings of a really good defense if so.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How do you figure?
LVE and Moore are being pushed up by their measurables, not proven production against high level competition. I could kinda be OK with Moore as a late first grade. LVE should be late 2ND or third.

Reaction score
LVE and Moore are being pushed up by their measurables, not proven production against high level competition. I could kinda be OK with Moore as a late first grade. LVE should be late 2ND or third.

LVE dominated against the PAC-12 teams he played (Washington State (16 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF) and Oregon (12 tackles, 1 sack)). The draft is a projection. Not everyone can play in the SEC. Just sayin'

McKDaddy

Reaction score
LVE dominated against the PAC-12 teams he played (Washington State (16 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF) and Oregon (12 tackles, 1 sack)). The draft is a projection. Not everyone can play in the SEC. Just sayin'
All I can tell you is I watched him after he started getting hype. Then I watched him some more trying to find what was driving the hype. He is very raw. Just don't think he's really ready to step onto NFL field.

Carson

Reaction score

Good stuff.

It’s crazy that Edmunds and Evans are younger than LVE and more experience and LVE is older, but less playing time.

I’ve read about some of the concerns of him only being a one year starter and some injuries. I believe he can be a good 3 down LB here. I also believe he would be elite in Pittsburgh or New England

No matter WHO the Cowboys pick, they'll be no shortage of people SCREAMING about how stupid the pick was, and how doomed we are.

100%.

People will be crying we didn’t trade up for James or Vea. Same people crying no matter who the pick is.

I’m not overly concerned with our first pick, we’ve done we’ll there lately. It’ll be later on if we get cute or stick to BPA

Reaction score
Good stuff.

It’s crazy that Edmunds and Evans are younger than LVE and more experience and LVE is older, but less playing time.

I’ve read about some of the concerns of him only being a one year starter and some injuries. I believe he can be a damn good 3 down LB here. I also believe he would be elite in Pittsburgh or New England

I'm not saying I'd absolutely love the pick or he is without warts. But to say he is a late 2nd round or 3rd rounder is crazy. Guys with his size/speed/productivity (even in a smaller conference) do not slip beyond the first round.