Twitter: Cowboys tweets 4/29

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Switzer needed to earn chances. He was given them early at the beginning of camp and then we heard almost nothing about him in the daily camp reports as far as doing anything. In games he looked timid and shaky as a returner. I thought from day one he was way too cocky, so it doesn't bother me that the team got tired of his routine quickly.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Switzer needed to earn chances. He was given them early at the beginning of camp and then we heard almost nothing about him in the daily camp reports as far as doing anything. In games he looked timid and shaky as a returner. I thought from day one he was way too cocky, so it doesn't bother me that the team got tired of his routine quickly.
Because he had a hamstring issue. When he was at practice he couldn't be covered

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You only get one football career, once you’re done you never play again so I think it’s worth making sure Witten is happy to leave something on the table here and call it. He could still play a year or two more coming off a pro-bowl and he’s always going to have an advocate in Romo so it may come up again.

There will be an announcing job available to Witten the day he retires, whenever that is. Maybe not MNF, but somewhere.

Reaction score
Exactly.

It's almost like Garrett is more interested in his own survival rather than what's good for Witten and his family.

That ESPN gig won't be around next year.

Seriously, do we not think Jerry already promised him an higher-paying front office job for life to his quasi-son?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
In my opinion. Bobby Belk has up'ed his D-head game. My brother met him in person this past weekend and said he was a bigger D-bag in person. Just don't understand why people have to be like that.

Who is Bobby Belt?

Is he just a fan with an opinion?

CapnB

Reaction score
Because he had a hamstring issue. When he was at practice he couldn't be covered

Heard it was more about Switzer not learning his assignments during practice. Which in turn got him very little game time. Don't know how true it is, but it sucks i know that.

CWR

Reaction score
At least he used the back board though. Takes more hang time.

They are haters. He didnt just dunk, he threw it off the backboard and pumped his arm all the way back. That takes an athlete.

CWR

Reaction score
This isn't Beasley...seems like a selfish move to try to "persuade" someone for your own self-interest over what is likely a much better long-term opportunity. Its not like the MNF job is going to be sitting there...he would be lucky to end up w/ Thom if he passes on it.

As long as we are being real does Witten actually need a second career? Or maybe would Witten be happier with a ring? Im not saying he would get one this year but he damn sure wont from the announcers booth.

However I do agree, of course Garrett is thinking of the team ahead of one individual. But lets not act like Witten will be homeless without gainful employment.

DAL1180

Reaction score
760b_845x485p.jpg
Renewal!!! Lol. Wait. Are you a Sandman??