Twitter: Cowboys tweets 5/25

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The Rico Gathers experiment might not necessarily be a home run
Rico Gathers was one of the Cowboys that spoke with the media after practice, and boy did he say a lot. Gathers talked about how he was cleared after Week 7 last year, and he made note of working hard this offseason to ensure he would be on “someone’s” 53-man roster come September.

It seems like there’s nothing of real substance going on with Rico right now. He’s a tight end entering his third season with the team, and the need for a playmaker there has never been greater than it is right now. That being said, it’s still hard to see how he contributes enough to be on the 53-man roster as of now.

DiResta

Reaction score

running-after-train-34.jpg

choo choo
theres still room bro

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, Randy. Jesus, dude. Can you not read?

Everybody's piling on Rico for the 'somebody's 53' comment, but if you hear what he actually said, he had his head right and didn't say any of the wrong things. He's right that, with his position on the roster, he's not only trying to make the Cowboys this preseason. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm hard on the guy for being all-hat, no-cattle about the NFL sometimes, and for seeming distractible by fame, but he's saying the right stuff here. I really hope the light comes on for him in camp this year and he finds a role as an redzone option for us and buys some time to get better and faster at TE.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
No, Randy. Jesus, dude. Can you not read?

Everybody's piling on Rico for the 'somebody's 53' comment, but if you hear what he actually said, he had his head right and didn't say any of the wrong things. He's right that, with his position on the roster, he's not only trying to make the Cowboys this preseason. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm hard on the guy for being all-hat, no-cattle about the NFL sometimes, and for seeming distractible by fame, but he's saying the right stuff here. I really hope the light comes on for him in camp this year and he finds a role as an redzone option for us and buys some time to get better and faster at TE.
Set them straight boss