Twitter: Cowboys tweets 5/25

phildadon86

Reaction score
Guy needed to gain upper body strength this offseason, his lower torso, legs have never been his issue.
Recent reports and pics indicate that hasn't happened.
I was really expecting a more transformed Irving at this point.
That’s not Irving

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Randy. Jesus, dude. Can you not read?

Everybody's piling on Rico for the 'somebody's 53' comment, but if you hear what he actually said, he had his head right and didn't say any of the wrong things. He's right that, with his position on the roster, he's not only trying to make the Cowboys this preseason. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm hard on the guy for being all-hat, no-cattle about the NFL sometimes, and for seeming distractible by fame, but he's saying the right stuff here. I really hope the light comes on for him in camp this year and he finds a role as an redzone option for us and buys some time to get better and faster at TE.
People form opinions off of other people's out of context tweets all the time. It's just the accepted norm now.

I took his "Someone's 53" comment to be nothing more than a bubble guy saying he's working hard and if he doesn't make it here, he wants to do well enough to make it somewhere else. I would say the same thing in his position.

I took his "bigger than scoring touchdowns" to be "bigger than just scoring touchdowns" also.

But those kinds of tweets and quotes do not generate clicks .. who cares if it's accurate or the real intent of the player.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No, they didn't.

There is no requirement to bring a player back from IR.

Exactly. Teams all over the entire NFL keep players on IR who get healthy at some point in the season.

The entire point of IR is so the team doesn’t HAVE to use a roster spot on somebody who is injured for half the season. Unless they want to keep the player on the roster.