Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/18

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak was behind before camp even started. It's been almost a year since a meaningful snap of football for him. The less action he sees the worse the team is for it.

Whether some of us like to admit it or not, he's been doing work on his own at home and wherever the opportunity arises. The staff is attempting to restrain him from overstepping his bounds in that regard. Right now, the staff is convinced that the less work he sees, the better off he'll be. You and many others here are not in control of what he'll be permitted to do. Face that fact and you'll likely be better able to accept the truth. This team has the facilities and the personnel to determine what is best for him. You and far too many others aren't close enough, nor humble enough to determine that.

Last edited:

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
A lot of other starting QB's barely played or if they did got LIMITED snaps. I'm talking like Brady getting 4 snaps - what the hell is this board overreacting for? Why do we want to see him in the pre-season so badly to have a repeat Romo situation it's not worth it. The fact that we have to trot out our o-line and risk them in a meaningless game too baffles me.

If we were Rams fans are we snapping this hard because Stafford isn't playing and has 0 chemistry with his new team? Probably not - the trolls get the weak minded to overreact here. The guy is fine he's been throwing everyday when I watch these videos and has not had a set back yet so why increase the chances of one happening by trotting him out there in a meaningless game to get 10 reps at cadence.

johneric8

Reaction score
On another note, looking at Zeke at the podium the one thing that comes to mind is that the dude looks incredible! If this translates into a better zeke this could mean very big things for our offense that is for sure. He was a little pudgy last year and deserved the fat jokes, but now he looks amazing and I'm excited. I'm still not sure he has the desire after getting paid so only time will tell.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
MM seems to be treating Dak as if he has had a setback.

It's good that you're concerned -- we all are. The medical staff and the trainers are on duty and keeping tabs on Dak's state of readiness. Let's be more inclined to respect their professional opinions before making judgments without the advantages that they have in house. In the past, they have been somewhat secretive in publicizing the details. I'm sure their opponents would love to have such info available, too. Isn't it possible that's a factor?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With all this in-depth reporting, have we seen Dak do this preseason?