Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/18

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
From the looks of things, Dak is behind, in terms of his readiness to compete full throttle, when the live competition commences. Despite the fact that he wants to practice, his throwing shoulder isn't responding to what the staff expects his readiness to be. There comes a point where the staff will be obliged to hold him out of practice and the preseason games, to ensure his physical readiness for game one. That's where things currently stand.
Agreed

AKATheRake

Reaction score
17 game season. Problem is we play the champs week 1 and theres no reason to believe theyre not in typical form.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
A lot of other starting QB's barely played or if they did got LIMITED snaps. I'm talking like Brady getting 4 snaps - what the hell is this board overreacting for?

But most starting QB's do get some snaps. It may not ultimately matter as you suggest but I'm not sure how a QB coming off a pretty horrific injury wouldn't benefit from getting some snaps against live competition before they count.

I can only speak for myself but I'm not overreacting, just reacting that I wish the situation was different.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
17 game season. Problem is we play the champs week 1 and theres no reason to believe theyre not in typical form.

Funny how we will be rusty and will suck. But they will be running like a well oiled machine. They too will have some rust, as all teams do.
But that is how pathetic many of our fanbase is, at least on here.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Id be curious to see Tom Brady's opening game record after a SB win. Would be telling.
Funny how we will be rusty and will suck. But they will be running like a well oiled machine. They too will have some rust, as all teams do.
But that is how pathetic many of our fanbase is, at least on here.

I get what you're explaining but heres some differences in our circumstances in comparison to Tampa Bay's that has differed in our offseason preparation for game 1.

- Tampa Bay has essentially brought back almost the exact same team, coaching and schemes. We have a new DC, implimenting his new plays and variation of the 4-3. Our defense is easily 40 percent new faces.

- Tampa Bay is not at all coming back from any injuries or new ones from camp. Our QB just started to get back into throwing and its not even with the 1st team. He is also coming back from missing 2/3's of last season.

- Our top DE and what was supposed to likely be our 2 starting DT's are either off to the side practicing while coming back from a season ending injury or just got injured.

- Our Top WR is now just starting to join practice and albeit lòoking good and ready. Just isn't getting reps and timing with our starting QB because he's currently throwing on his own.

-They did have another month and a half of football since they won the Superbowl.

I don't think it's as much as a rust thing but more of a cohesion and timing thing.

The coaching staff is probabky ok starting the season 0-1 considering who we're facing in week 1, the rest of our division are considered weaker teams and our players recovering from injuries and surgery to sacrifice for the longer end of the 17 game season.

Tampa surely can't know much about us offensively or defensively since we have not given any details from last season or this one. We should have things to work with off of them however so, so I believe that is somewhat of an edge.

But overall, I think it is more than fair to say Tampa Bay is going to be in a more cohesive and tuned start than us considering all of the factual circumstances.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I get what you're explaining but heres some differences in our circumstances in comparison to Tampa Bay's that has differed in our offseason preparation for game 1.

- Tampa Bay has essentially brought back almost the exact same team, coaching and schemes. We have a new DC, implimenting his new plays and variation of the 4-3. Our defense is easily 40 lercent new faces.

- Tampa Bay is not at all coming back from any injuries or new ones from camp. Our QB just started to get back into throwing and its not even with the 1st team. He is also coming back from missing 2/3's of last season.

- Our top DE and what was supposed to likely be our 2 starting DT's are either off to the side practicing while coming back from a season ending injury or just got injured.

- Our Top WR is now just starting to join practice and albeit lòoking good and ready. Just isn't getting reps and timing with our starting QB because he's currently throwing in his own.

-They did have another month and a half of football since they won the Superbowl.

I don't think it's as much as a rust thing but more of a cohesion and timing thing.

The coaching staff is probabky ok starting the season 0-1 considering who we're facing in week 1, the rest of our division are considered weaker teams and our players recovering from injuries and surgery to sacrifice for the longer end of the 17 gane season.

Tampa surely can't know much about us offensively or defensively sin e we have not given any details from.last season ir this. We should have things to work with off of them however so i believe that is somewhat of an edge.

But overall, I think it is more than fair to say Tamapa Bay most likely is going to be in a more cohesive and tuned start than us considering all of the factual circumstances.
Oh I just was curious about his record lol. i dont deny any of the above