Twitter: Cowboys "Unlikely" To Sign Wagner

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the way…surely we all know by now who the sources always are within this organization. I’ll give you two hints- Jerry and Stephen.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
We’d pay him decent with a one year deal. But we’re far too stingy to offer him big money over multiple years which is undoubtedly what he’s looking for at 32 years old.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Can we just pretend we drop the letters UN and celebrate? Haha

In all seriousness never expected this to happen. It's a a pretty good draft for LB maybe we find another Bobby? Wagner that is, not Carpenter...

sdfidaho

Reaction score
I think the vast majority of us were really hoping this would happen because of the connection to DQ, and DQ obviously being very highly thought of by Jerry.
I also think the vast majority of us thought there was a 99.9% chance that it wouldn't happen.
We're here because we're Cowboys fans, and we hold out hope for that 0.1% chance that Jerry will decide things have to be done differently for him to win another SB before he's dead.
That maybe, just maybe, we'll click on this forum and read that a big name FA has been signed and this franchise is heading in a new direction. We don't expect it, but the hope is always there.
Because at the end of the day with this Clowntard ownership, a great big freaking HOPE is all we have left.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I think the vast majority of us were really hoping this would happen because of the connection to DQ, and DQ obviously being very highly thought of by Jerry.
I also think the vast majority of us thought there was a 99.9% chance that it wouldn't happen.
We're here because we're Cowboys fans, and we hold out hope for that 0.1% chance that Jerry will decide things have to be done differently for him to win another SB before he's dead.
That maybe, just maybe, we'll click on this forum and read that a big name FA has been signed and this franchise is heading in a new direction. We don't expect it, but the hope is always there.
Because at the end of the day with this Clowntard ownership, a great big freaking HOPE is all we have left.
it was surprising even signing dante fowler thought they would just go with DA so I totally get this

dagreat1_87

Reaction score

Ah man, you hit the nail on the head with this.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Great job holding on to all that cap space especially in a year when the NFC is weaker. The Jones boys just proved to us they are not in it to win it. They are happy being relevant enough and still making money on Dallas’s past success. Cowboys will never sniff another super bowl with the Jones boys, the last 26 years is all the proof you need.

CWR

Reaction score
So why did we bother to release Coop and LC? These geniuses believe losing talent and keeping all the same coaches will somehow make us better? 30 million under the cap and for what?

coult44

Reaction score

Don’t we have a new thing where we aren’t supposed to post rumors. Regardless of who this is tweeting. It’s still a rumor. And the thread title is completely a leading rumor. Come on guys

Reactions: CWR

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Wagner would allow Parsons to go to DE full time, which would actually be an upgrade at DE and LB.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Can we just pretend we drop the letters UN and celebrate? Haha

In all seriousness never expected this to happen. It's a a pretty good draft for LB maybe we find another Bobby? Wagner that is, not Carpenter...

I'd be fine if that was the strategy, but now we need another Wagner, another Collins, a Center, a guard, DE and DT.

All they did was create holes and they will be filled with lesser players.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I never thought Bobby was coming to Dallas, but what's interesting is even with plenty of cap space Capboy still runs free agency like they have low funds.

Edit: I'm saying they could actually legitimately fix a position or two of need before the draft with quality players. Maybe they will...we'll see.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys probably want Wagner. Quinn wants Wagner.

Stephen won't let the franchise pull the trigger. Instead, they all sit around Jerry's office with their fingers crossed that Wagner goes unsigned into next week and then maybe they can get him on the cheap.

See, Jerry and Stephen don't spotlight certain players and go get them. They wait to see how cheap they will get/are before pouncing. So someone like James Washington, with few suitors, is an easy early signing. Wagner? Different kind of player. He's too pricey and despite how great a fit he would be in this defense, he exceeds the contract limitations Stephen has in place. So instead of being aggressive and trying to improve the team, they wait and hope they get lucky.

It's a strategy that they have employed for a few years now with middling to disappointing results. But Jerry and Stephen still think they are the smartest men in football.